A different girl

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

Alcohol. Lots of alcohol. That's what Christmas consisted of in Malfoy manor.

The last time they'd been here, like this. Was the Christmas of fifth year. Elizabeth and Mattheo were still hiding their feelings for eachother at the time. It felt like a life time ago.

Things had definitely changed, Elizabeth would say, she was a different girl; she'd grown up, she'd matured.

Somewhat.

"Elizabeth give me the damn bottle!" Draco grumbled as he once again, tried to snatch the bottle from the drunk girls hand. She had at some point, climbed onto his dining table, a way of stopping him from stealing away her alcohol.

"No!" Elizabeth took a large swig. The dark liquid burning her throat.

"You've had enough!" Draco growled, climbing onto the table himself. Elizabeth squealed, running and jumping off the table before darting out into the foyer, where she collided with something solid.

She looked upwards, through hooded, bloodshot eyes. He stood tall, towering over her, his curls dangling in his eyes and catching on his eyelashes as he blinked. His large hand easily took the bottle from her grasp, before he guided her back into the living room, gently pushing her shoulder, to make her sit down.

Mattheo shook his head in disappointment, she'd often gotten drunk and she'd often been carried to bed but she'd never acted this way before.

"Let's play, truth or dare!" Pansy clapped her hands together, slurring slightly.

"I'm in!" Blaise rose his hand in the air.

"Me too!" Enzo chuckled.

"Same!" Theo smirked.

"Lizzy?" Pansy looked to the girl, who was still sat in silence.

"Yes" she swallowed back the bile in her throat.

"Me too" Mattheo's jaw clenched as he watched Theo's arm fall over Elizabeth's shoulders.

"Dracoooo?" Pansy asked in a sing song voice.

"Whatever" the blonde boy sighed, sitting next to Mattheo, the only other person in the room who wasn't completely out of it.

"Okay! Hmm, Enzo! Truth or dare" Pansy gave him a lopsided smile.

"Dare" the boy rolled his eyes.

"I dare you to take 10 shots" Pansy slammed a shot glass down onto the mahogany coffee table.

"Light work" Enzo cleared his throat. The group watched as he took ten shots, one after the other, with surprisingly little trouble.

"Oh-Kay...Nott truth or dare" Enzo jabbed the boys side.

"Fuck-truth" Theo sighed with a shrug.

"Have you and little Beth, done the deed?" Enzo chuckled slightly.

"No" Theo elbowed Enzo in the ribs, glancing side ways at the small brunette who was nuzzled into his side.

"Truth or dare...Draco" Theo watched as the boy frowned.

"Dare" Draco huffed.

"I dare you to, give us a strip tease" Theo snickered.

"Not a fucking chance" Draco hissed.

"Fine. 10 shots then" Theo slid the shot glass across the table. Draco sighed, mumbling curse words under his breath as he poured his first shot. By the tenth, he was surprisingly more calm.

"Riddle truth or dare" Draco muttered as he leant back against the sofa.

"Dare" Mattheo kept his eyes locked on Elizabeth's figure.

"I dare you...to kiss the most attractive person here" Draco's words became slightly slurred, letting Mattheo know, he was just as intoxicated as the rest of them.

He sighed as his eyes momentarily locked with Theo's, he watched his arm tighten slightly around Elizabeth's waist and as much as Mattheo wanted to kiss her, to feel her lips once more. He couldn't do it. So instead, he stood up, walking towards Enzo before grabbing his cheeks and placing a rushed peck to his lips, making everyone burst into laughter.

"I'm flattered riddle but do that again, and I'll kill you!" Enzo shouted, pointing his finger in the boys face.

"Truth or dare, pansy" Mattheo let out a breath, watching the raven haired girl weigh up her options.

"Truth" she smirked.

"Which one of us would you hook up with" Mattheo shrugged.

"Lizzy, duh!" Pansy pointed at the brunette girl, who simply gave her friend a thumbs up. "Truth or dare Lizzy" Pansy bounced a little in her seat.

"Hmm-truth" Elizabeth hiccuped slightly.

"Is it true that you're in loveeeee with Theo" Pansy giggled.

Mattheo's heart stopped in his chest.

"Yes"

The group fell into a silence, the only sound that could be heard was the leather of the sofa creaking as Theo turned to look at the girl in his arms.

Mattheo grabbed his glass, tipping the rest of the whiskey down his throat. He wasn't too surprised, there was nothing not to love about Theodore Nott but that didn't mean that it didn't cut deep.

"Oh-kayyyy bed time" Blaise slapped his hands against his thighs, pulling Enzo and Draco up to their feet and dragging them out of the room.

Pansy stood up next, clearly struggling to find her balance and as an excuse to leave the room, Mattheo stood up too, grabbing Pansy by the tops of her arms and steering her out into the foyer. Leaving Theo and Elizabeth alone.

She knew she was drunk, more than drunk even but as she stared into his hazel eyes, it was like the room stopped spinning around her. Her senses had come back and her mind felt...clear.

"We're both drunk and we might not remember this in the morning but...did you mean that?" Theo's face moved ever so slightly closer to hers, his warm breath fanning her lips.

"I did...." Elizabeth gulped. She felt, sober all of a sudden. "I love you Theo"

His lips parted slightly and his eyes glistened, something igniting within his soul.

"I love you too, Elizabeth Montague"

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°