Denial

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

It had been a week. A week since Theo had died, a week since Elizabeth had spoken.

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't force a word to leave her lips, only the soft sobbing that haunted her everyday.

Everyone had changed. Draco, was angrier, more than he ever had been. Enzo, didn't laugh like he used to. Blaise, was high every second of every day. Pansy, hadn't put one drop of makeup on her face, knowing her tears would ruin it and Mattheo, he was empty.

Not talking, had allowed Elizabeth to observe her friends. Taking in their different kinds of grief. That was the thing about grief, it was different for everyone. Blaise' manifested in the way of drugs but Mattheo's manifested in the way of anger.

The smallest things would set him off. A dropped quill, an ink splotch on his parchment, Elizabeth's silence.

It was clear he wanted her to say something, anything.

She couldn't. The guilt was killing her, she blamed herself. That spell, was meant for her. Not for him, not for Theo.

The events that happened that evening in riddle manor, were still undisclosed, only being seen by Elizabeth. She knew, she had to tell them, they deserved to know what had happened to their friend but she was scared, scared that they'd blame her. That they'd hate her.

Plucking up the courage, was the first thing Elizabeth had trialed herself to do.

That Thursday morning, she got up. She showered for the first time in three days.

Then, she made her way into the common room. Silently dropping down next to Mattheo on the sofa, her eyes fixated on the spot opposite her. His spot.

No one said a word, it was as if they knew why she was there.

Her eyes roamed around, taking in the quivering lip of Pansy and the sorrowful expression of Enzo. Elizabeth would never be able to say it, but she could, show them.

"Follow me" Elizabeth's voice was barely audible. So much so, that it made Draco's nose crinkle up.

"Where love?" Mattheo stood up, gently placing his hand on the small of her back.

"Just...please" Elizabeth took off, slowly walking out of the common room. Her friends stood up with furrowed eyebrows, following the tired girl through the corridors.

All eyes were on the Slytherin six. News travelled fast in Hogwarts.

They didn't care for the looks of sorrow being sent their way. None of them knew Theo, not like they did and as far as they were concerned, they didn't have any excuse to be affected by it.

Elizabeth slowly led them all to the seventh floor corridor, the only sounds were the sounds of their shoes tapping against the stone floor.

"This is Dumbledore's office" Draco stated.

"Sherbet lemon" Elizabeth spoke clearly, her voice hoarse.