Its not the same

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

"Talk" Elizabeth crossed her arms over her chest, hugging Theo's sweatshirt close to her body.

"I don't know what you're trying to do-maybe make me jealous? Make me angry? But you need to stop" Mattheo shook his head, his curls bouncing before flopping back over his forehead.

"I'm not trying to do anything! Me and Theo-that has nothing to do with you" Elizabeth scoffed. She couldn't believe how someone could be so self centred.

"Sure Elizabeth-except it has everything to do with me" Mattheo smirked.

"You're so full of yourself....you're MARRYING someone else! Did you just expect me to sit around and never be with anyone else?" She stood up, running her hands into her hair as she paced the room.

"I had no fucking choice! You do, you're choosing to be with someone else!" Mattheo threw his arms up in the air.

"Do you know what....yeah I am! Because I'm fed up of you! There's always something Mattheo, whenever I'm in love with you...I end up alone" Elizabeth's chest heaved and her nostrils flared as she stared at him from across the room.

Mattheo scoffed out a laugh, tilting his head as he looked at her. "What? And you think that being with Theo is going to be perfect?" Mattheo walked slowly across the room, Elizabeth watching his every step. "The boy who's slept with maybe 50 plus girls. The boy who's never been able to settle down?" He watched her through his eyelashes, his eyes darkening as he backed her against the wall. "You're kidding yourself" He growled lowly, putting his hands on either side of her body, trapping her. His eyes flickered over her face as he watched a deep scowl imprint itself onto her features.

"You'll always love me...stop trying to pretend that you don't" Mattheo leaned in closer, his breath tickling her skin.

"What are you doing?" Elizabeth hissed, her hands coming to his chest where she shoved his harshly but his body didn't move an inch.

"It's just us...no one has to know. I won't tell your precious little Theo that you fucked me whilst wearing his jumper" Mattheo sneered as he looked at the item of clothing, the name 'Nott' printed over her left breast.

"Get away from me" Elizabeth squirmed, her anxiety rising as her mind filled with terrifying thoughts. Backed against a wall. Trapped. Touching. Forcing.

"Lizzy come on" Mattheo was too deep in his own thoughts to see. To see what was happening.

"Mattheo please. Don't please" Elizabeth put her hands into her hair, tugging at her roots as tears escaped her eyes.

That was when he realised. His brown eyes softening as he took in her shaking form. She thought he was going to take advantage of her.

"Lizzy-.."

"Please d-don't hurt me" She shook her head rapidly, flinching away from his touch as he tried to console her.

Mattheo staggered backwards, his heart shattering. He did this. Had he lost himself so badly that he'd forgotten what she'd been through before?.

"I-..I'm sorry" his voice cracked as he watched her glossy eyes raise upwards.

"Please leave" Elizabeth mumbled, clutching her hands to her chest.

The brunette boy didn't say another word as he turned on his heel and left the room. Leaving Elizabeth, alone. Her mind was racing as she tried to understand what had just happened. The way he spoke, it wasn't him. It wasn't the boy she knew or loved. He was gone.

As the realisation sunk in, Elizabeth slid down to the floor, hugging her knees tightly to her chest. The boy she'd loved since she was 14 years old, gone.

She lifted her shakey hand, staring at the ring that rested on her finger. The one he'd given her when they got back together, the promise he'd made. The promise he had broke. With a breath, she slid it off. Clutching it tightly in her hand, before pushing herself onto her feet.

She wiped her tears away, her face blank and she left her dorm and walked down into the common room. Knowing she'd find him there and she was right, he was sat on the sofa, his head in his hands.

"Mattheo" her voice didn't sound like it belonged to her.

His head whipped to the side, his eyes widening as he stood up, slowly and cautiously walking towards the small girl.

"I am so-..."

"This is yours" Elizabeth swallowed thickly, cutting off his words as she grabbed his hand, placing the ring into it before closing his fingers around it.

With furrowed eyebrows, Mattheo opened his hand, the ring. Her ring, rested in his grip.

"No-this is yours" Mattheo shook his head.

"No. It was a promise and that promise has been broken" Elizabeth muttered, sniffling as she tried to keep her tears at bay.

"Elizabeth-.."

"Goodbye...Matty" Elizabeth puffed out her chest as she turned on her heel, walking away from him, for the second time and it didn't hurt any less.

Mattheo dropped back down onto the sofa, his lips parted as he stared at the diamond. His eyes glimmered with un fallen tears, un spoken words.

The ring represented what could have been and what should have been and with a determined look on his face, he slid it into his pocket. Even though one promise was broken, Mattheo formed another, he promised himself, that he would get her back. He'd find a way. He'd walk through hell itself to fix the mess that he'd made.

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°