Theo Nott is the bestest friend

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

Mattheo couldn't sleep. He wasn't sure he ever would again. Even with Elizabeth's head on his chest and his arm wrapped around her waist, he was still scared that if he closed his eyes, she'd disappear. It was a feeling that was imbedded deep in his gut, a feeling that would only be cured when the boy that had hurt her, was six feet under ground.

His arm had gone numb and his back ached but Elizabeth had only fallen asleep a few hours ago and he didn't want to disturb her peace. Not when she needed it the most. So, he stayed still for another two hours, until she finally peeled her eyes open, slightly adjusting herself and allowing Mattheo to outstretch his arm. She didn't talk, not at first, she just stared at the ceiling. A blank look on her face, the sparkle that once lived in the depths of her green eyes, gone.

"Mattheo" her voice was hoarse as she spoke.

"Hm?" Mattheo hummed, slowly stroking the skin of her hand.

"It was Jay...Jay Garcia" Mattheo felt his muscles tense, his eyes darkening. "Do you know what's funny...I only asked him to make you jealous because I was jealous of Astoria. She looked so...perfect, so so perfect" Elizabeth's voice trailed off at the end. Insecurity clear in her voice and had she not been so fragile, Mattheo would have screamed at her for doubting her beauty.

"I'm going to kill him Elizabeth..I mean it" Mattheo mumbled. "And as for Astoria...she doesn't even come close to you".

Elizabeth didn't speak again, her eyes just drifted around her dorm. Clearly, she was deep in thought but Mattheo wished to keep her away from her own mind, at least for now.

"Do you want breakfast?" Mattheo asked softly.

"No" Elizabeth shook her head.

"Okay" Normally, he'd force her food down her throat but at the moment, she was allowed to not have an appetite.

"You know...i never thought that I'd get to do this again with you. I thought I'd never get another chance and now that I have, I don't ever want to let go. Let's stay here, forever" Mattheo rambled. Spitting out all of his thoughts.

"Forever? That's a long time" Elizabeth let the corners of her mouth, turn up ever so slightly.

"It's not long enough if you ask me" Mattheo smirked.

"I want to do it..." Elizabeth spat out after a few moments of silence. Mattheo's brow creased deeply as he leant up on his elbows, looking down to her face. "I want to be the one who hurts him Mattheo. Not you".

"Lizzy..." Mattheo tilted his head. He knew what it would do to her, in years to come.

"I want him to be scared, like I was" Elizabeth hummed. Her eyes darker than usual as she spoke.

"And he will be" Mattheo growled.

"By me" Elizabeth swallowed thickly. Never once in the life, had she wanted to hurt someone so badly, maybe Mattheo was right, maybe she wouldn't be able to live with it, but Merlin she wanted to.

"I'll support whatever decision you make. Even if you change your mind at the last minute, I'll be there and I'll take over" Mattheo eyes flickered around her face, now only noticing the prominent darkness under her eyes. "You should get some more sleep and I'll go and-..."

"No! I mean no, please don't leave" Elizabeth's voice wavered slightly.

"I-..." Mattheo thought about his words for a second. "I won't, but I do need a change of clothes" he chucked lightly.

"I guess you can leave to get that" Elizabeth pulled her sheets up to her chin.

"I'll be back, I promise" Mattheo stroked his hand over her hair, leaning down to place a kiss to her forehead.

He stood up from the bed, stretching out his aching limbs before sending Elizabeth a fleeting smile as he left the dorm. The shirt and suit trousers he had been wearing last night, felt heavy on his body and desperately uncomfortable.

His eyes widened as he walked into the common room, his group of friends, were all asleep over the sofas and some of the floor, except for Theo, who was reading a book.

"Hey" Mattheo whispered, earning Theo's attention.

"How is she?" Theo gulped, his eyes flickering over Mattheo's body.

"She's...okay. I'm just going to change my clothes, she asked me not to leave" Mattheo sighed.

"Good. She shouldn't be alone" Theo nodded with furrowed eyebrows.

"Why are you guys all out here?" Mattheo had a quizzical look on his as he inspected Draco and pansy who were slung over the sofa lazily and Enzo and Blaise who were on the floor, with their backs propped up against the same sofa and then there was Graham, squished onto a chair that was definitely too small for his long limbs.

"We didn't want to leave her. We might not actually be in the room but we were as close as possible" Theo smiled softly, his words warming Mattheo's heart as he knew it would do to Elizabeth's.

"Thanks mate...for everything" Mattheo nodded his head with a tight lipped smile, hesitantly pulling Theo into a hug. Theo's hand patted his back, in a midst to make it a slightly more manly hug.

"You know you're my bestfriend Riddle, which puts her in the same category" Theo hummed before pulling away and giving Mattheo's shoulder a squeeze.

"Do you think she'll ever really forgive me?" Mattheo asked, showing his vulnerability to his friend for the first time.

"Mate...I think she already has. She just hasn't seen it yet. You're meant to be together, it's practically written in the stars" Theo chuckled lightly.

"Who knew that Theodore Nott was such an inspirational being" Mattheo scoffed with furrowed brows.

"Tell anyone about this conversation and I'll take back the whole 'bestfriend' thing" Theo sneered.

"Same goes for you...that hug, never happened" Mattheo glared at Theo, both of them nodding once and clearing their throats before Mattheo walked away, in search of comfier clothes.

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°