The devil in disguise

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

Elizabeth ran her hands over the red silk gown, it reached all the way to the floor, even with the heels that she was currently wearing. It was tight fitting, way out of her comfort zone and way more revealing than she was used to. Although she was thankful that Mattheo's mother was the same size as her, otherwise her joggers and sweatshirt would have had to do.

Her hair was pinned up in a kind of messy bun and she had to make do with a red lipstick and some mascara. Very far from the usual prep that was taken when attending a ball.

A knock on the door drew her attention away from the mirror and with a gulp, she walked over to it, twisting the door knob and swinging it open.

Mattheo's words were lost as his eyes scanned her figure. The dress, that god damn dress. It hugged her figure perfectly, exposing her curves and her cleavage. He couldn't believe how perfect she looked but he could see in her eyes, that she felt self conscious. Something that pained Mattheo was how she could never see her beauty.

"You look...stunning" Mattheo finally spat out, his eyes roaming all over her body.

"Do you think? I don't know-it's..."

"It's perfect. You're perfect" Mattheo mumbled as he leant in, placing a kiss to her forehead.

"Thank you" Elizabeth blushed. "Did you come here to say something?" Elizabeth chuckled.

"Oh yeah...um-it's time to go down" Mattheo gave her a tight lipped smile.

"Okay" Elizabeth let out a shakey breath. "I've got this" she mumbled under her breath, but Mattheo heard it.

"You have" he reassured her, holding his arm out for her to take, which she did gladly.

The two teenagers, walked down the hallway, stopping at the top of the stairs, where Tom joined them.

His eyes seemed to scan Elizabeth, but his face remained flat. It was obvious he didn't care for her and quite frankly, she didn't care for him either. She simply...tolerated him for Mattheo's sake.

"No date?" Mattheo fake pouted as he glared at his brother.

"I find dating...rather pointless" Tom hissed as his eyes fell upon Elizabeth.

Mattheo's jaw clenched but when Elizabeth's hand gently squeezed his arm, he relaxed.

"Let's just go down" Elizabeth spoke quietly.

"Yeah" Mattheo nodded, glancing at his brother once more before leading Elizabeth down the stairs.

Her heels clicked against the marble with every step she took and her arm was linked tightly with Mattheo's, in a bid to make sure she didn't fall. As they reached the middle of the stairs, Elizabeth could see hundreds of people, many of them watching the couple. Her heart rate spiked, but she pushed it away, concealing her nerves deep inside.

As they reached the foyer, she let out a breath, thankful that she could no longer see the strenuous amounts of people that were currently in the house. Tom stayed close to his brother's other side, much to Elizabeth's utter dismay but when her own brother's head of dark brown hair appeared in front of her, she smiled.