New years eve

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

As it turned out, Graham very much, did like Pansy.

It was obvious when Elizabeth caught them exchanging sweet nothings and delicate kisses throughout the house. Matter of fact, he's denied it to his sister when she asked and she couldn't wait for the right moment, to say 'I told you so'.

The days between Christmas and New Year's Eve, had gone in a blur. Mostly spent drinking alcohol and playing childish games.

One thing was for certain though, Elizabeth still loved Mattheo and being his friend had only made her crave him more.

It had started when he did the simplest of things. He picked up a book that she dropped whilst trying to put all the books away in the library. She'd been walking through the foyer, a tower of books in her arms and with limited vision, she tripped. The books flying from her arms and who should come to her rescue but him.

He'd chuckled as he bent down, his curls flopping over his face and catching on his eyelashes as he began making a pile of books but the moment that made her heart skip a beat, was when his hand brushed hers. She was sure he'd felt it too, because their eyes met. Brown and green mixing together as their soul's tried to intertwine again. It was short lived, because Enzo came rushing down the stairs, screaming about Blaise trying to practice the jelly legs jinx on him.

It wasn't just her who had realised. Pansy had too. Making sure to make strenuous comments about it at any given chance but the one that stuck out, was talk to Theo.

She knew she had to, she owed it to him. A part of her belonged to Theo but a part would always belong to Mattheo and maybe she'd rushed into things. Maybe she wasn't ready to give her heart to someone else, not just yet.

Tonight was possibly the worst time to have this conversation. With both of them putting the finishing touches to their ball attires.

Elizabeth let out a soft breath as she turned off her curling iron, placing it down on the vanity table. She stood up, smoothing the creases out of her silver floor length gown.

"Theo..." her voice was small, getting lost in the large room.

The boy stopped fiddling with his tie. Turning around with wide eyes. He knew that tone and he knew that look.

"I know what you're going to say" Theo gave her a tight lipped smile.

"W-what?" Elizabeth stammered, slowly walking closer to him.

"You still love Mattheo and I don't expect you to be able to move on just yet. I had hope, because it's you but I always kept it in the back of my mind" Theo outstretched his arm, holding his hand out. Elizabeth looked down to it before sliding her hand into his.

"I'm sorry Theo-I please know, I meant it...I love you" Elizabeth squeezed his hand, tightly, her eyes wide as she looked up at him.

"I love you too and I always will. As friends or as more. Whatever you want" Theo titled his head slightly, watching intently as Elizabeth stepped forwards, gently pressing her lips against his. One last time.

"Theodore Nott...you're the best" Elizabeth scrunched her nose as his finger tapped the end of it.

"So are you" Theo smirked. "Shall we?" He turned to the side, holding his arm out for her to take.