The fight of my life

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

There were not many things that were certain in Mattheo's life but one thing that was, was his love for Elizabeth. From the day he met her, he knew, he wanted to marry her.

She'd taken him by storm and changed his whole perspective on life. She was a light, a feather in the wind and Mattheo was the one who caught her.

So as he met his brother, in the abandoned Riddle manor, he told himself he was doing it all for love.

"Brother" Tom's voice made Mattheo jump slightly as he appeared from the shadows, his wand twirling around his fingers.

"Do you have to be such a fucking creep" Mattheo hissed.

"Considering we are going to murder our father...I'd say yes" Tom rolled his eyes.

"Did you do the spell? Did you find him?" Mattheo grumbled lowly.

"Yes. I've found him but brother...are you sure about this? You know what happens after..." Tom tilted his head back slightly, his eye twitching in curiosity.

"I know" Mattheo sighed. Of course he knew, it's all he'd been thinking about but if it meant Elizabeth could live safely, without fear of him coming back to harm her, he'd do it. He'd do it a thousand times.

"He's in Godrick's hollow." Tom spat out, his jaw tensing as he saw rage cover Mattheo's features.

"Let's go" Mattheo hissed quickly, apparating before Tom had a chance to say anything else.

His feet hit the cobble street. The small village covered by the darkness of the night. It was so quiet. Not a person, nor a sound could be heard and Mattheo almost felt bad that he and his brother, were about to cause chaos.

A cracking sound alerted him to Tom's presence beside him. He joined his side. The riddle brother's, standing tall with their wands in hand. In that moment, they mirrored eachother more than they ever had. Mattheo could finally see the similarities between them. He was sad that it had taken him so long to see it because tonight, might be the only chance he got.

"Let's go" Tom huffed. His hand flexing at his side before he pushed forwards, Mattheo following his lead.

It was earily silent. There should be some signs of life. A lamp illuminating a window, someone putting out their rubbish. But nothing.

"Something isn't right" Mattheo mumbled, shaking his head as he looked at Tom in his peripheral vision.

"I know" Tom spoke in a scarily calm tone. One that made a shiver creep up Mattheo's spine.

As they cautiously continued their walk up the street, a rustling sound made them both come to an abrupt stop. Tom's arms came out in front of Mattheo, slightly pushing his body backwards.

They watched in anticipation as a small old woman, stumbled from behind the trees in the distance. Her shirt was painted red...with blood. She stumbled on her feet, an action that made Mattheo jump forwards, only for Tom to wrap his arms around his shoulders.

"No! It's a trap" Tom whispered.

"A trap for who?" Mattheo sneered, writhing in his grip.