Girlfriend

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

Mattheo had been acting suspicious all day, he knew it, his friends knew it and Elizabeth knew it. As much as he tried to be casual, it was near impossible, his excitement was too much to hide. He couldn't wait to surprise Elizabeth, he wanted it to be the best day of her life.

She deserved it, after everything she'd been through this year and the year before, many of the things because of him, he wanted to make this birthday special.

With the help of the boys and of course Pansy, he was able to create the most magical scenario. Something of true beauty, maybe one of the only things that came close to the beauty that was Elizabeth Montague.

As the sun was setting upon the castle, Mattheo stood on the astronomy tower, watching as the candles flickered in the slight breeze. His suit felt tight on his body as the nerves started to settle in but he shook his head, letting his curls bounce as he did so.

Theo appeared, out of breath as he handed Mattheo a small gift bag.

"Thanks mate, would have been bad if I didn't have it" Mattheo chuckled.

"You're lucky I'm a fast runner because Elizabeth is on her way, so I need to go" Theo patted Mattheo's shoulder, disappearing down the stairs of the tower.

Minutes later, the sound of heels clicking, ricocheted into Mattheo's ears. Making him straighten out his suit and clear his throat as he turned around.

Elizabeth's perfectly curled brunette locks came into view first, hers eyes widening as she looked around the space, finding Mattheo's eyes quickly. A smile crept onto his lips as he looked down to his shoes before slowly looking back upwards, taking in her whole figure now.

The dress that Enzo and Blaise had gifted her, was on her body. The green satin, hugging her perfectly. The sparkly diamond necklace from Draco and her charm bracelet, graced her neck and wrist. Her heels were thin and strappy, Mattheo getting a good look at them as her leg slipped through the thigh high slit.

"Wow" Elizabeth marvelled, as she took in the candle light and the beautiful pink roses that filled the space.

"Yeah...wow" Mattheo spoke, but his eyes weren't on the room. No, they were locked to Elizabeth's face. A blush seemingly rose to her cheeks as she caught his stare.

"You're the best" Elizabeth muttered as she walked towards the boy, placing her hands over top of his suit, running them up to his shoulders.

"And you, are beautiful" Mattheo smirked devishly, looking down between their bodies before pressing a delicate kiss to Elizabeth's lips.

"There's something I have to say" Mattheo gulped as he stared into her piercing green eyes. "Come here" Mattheo took ahold of her hand softly, guiding her to stand in front of the railing's, facing him. The sun was setting behind them, casting an orange hue over Elizabeth's skin. Mattheo's eyes burned with shades of caramel and chocolate, his eyelashes casting a shadow onto his cheeks.

"Elizabeth Montague, letting you go, was the most stupid thing I ever did. I took you for granted, when really I should have been worshiping the ground you walked on. You are, the strongest person I've ever met and I mean it. Everyday I see you overcome your struggles and I wonder how you do it. How you deal with your shit, my shit and fuck-everyone else's shit." Mattheo chuckled as he saw a toothy smile grow on Elizabeth's face. "I know we've been so up and down this year and I hope that I've earned your trust back because I don't see a future without you in it. I would wait an eternity to be with you because it's us. We are meant to be and we always have been...." Mattheo gulped as he watched a single tear fall from Elizabeth's eye.

"I love you and...I- will you be my girlfriend again?" Mattheo's eyes widened as he watched Elizabeth's mouth part slightly.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend again" Elizabeth chuckled through a sniffle. Allowing Mattheo to pull her into his arms, lifting her feet off the ground as he spun her around. "I love you too" Elizabeth muttered, pressing her lips firmly against his.

"I won't ruin it this time, I promise. I'll never let you go again" Mattheo smirked, placing her back on her own feet. "This is for you" Mattheo whispered, handing her the small gift bag.

She smiled playfully before reaching into the bag, pulling out a small ring box.

"Mattheo you already got me a ring, you didn't have to-.."

"Shhh. Open it" Mattheo muttered.

Elizabeth nodded slowly, flicking open the ring box. Revealing a beautiful white gold band with a large oval cut diamond on it.

"Mattheo-..." Elizabeth's eyes were as wide as possible as she soaked in its beauty.

"Look on the inside of the band" Mattheo spoke as his fingers traced the skin of her wrist.

'MR & EM'

Elizabeth scoffed out a laugh. "Well look at that".

"We're matching now" Mattheo spoke as he held up his right hand, the ring from Elizabeth on his middle finger.

Mattheo gently took the ring from her hand, holding out her left hand and sliding it onto her ring finger. "It's a promise, to you, to us".

"You're very corny today" Elizabeth tilted her head slightly.

"Yeah well, soak it up whilst you can darling" Mattheo chuckled.

"Thank you, for making this the best birthday I've ever had" Elizabeth leant into his body, watching the last of the sunset.

"No, thank you, Elizabeth Montague, for being the best person I've ever known" Mattheo hummed, packing a kiss to her forehead.

"I love you" Elizabeth titled her head back, staring into his brown eyes.

"I love you more" Mattheo whispered softly, leaning down and sealing their lips in a passionate kiss. One filled with love and happiness. Their emotions swirling them as their bodies connected together, a promise that they would forever be, a part of one another.

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°