Panic

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

Elizabeth remained on the patio, she wasn't sure how long she'd been outside, but it was long enough to make her hands and feet go numb.

Her mascara coated her cheeks and her lips quivered as she stared into the night sky.

Since Tom had abruptly left, Elizabeth remained in a shocked state. Her eyes tracing the constellations, trying to remember all she had learnt in astronomy, turns out, she didn't remember much.

Not even the sound of the patio door opening and closing made her look away. Not even two hands on her arms. It wasn't until a thumb brushed her bottom lip, that she diverted her eyes downwards.

"Oh Lizzy...you're freezing" Mattheo's face was contorted in worry. His arms rapidly slipping out of his suit jacket before he placed it around her shoulders.

It didn't seem to warm her up. She was still shaking and maybe it was the anxiety but Mattheo told himself otherwise as he sat down next to her, pulling her body into his side.

"You need to go inside, you're going to get ill" his voice was slightly stern as he inspected her almost blue lips.

"No" Elizabeth murmured.

"Elizabeth. It isn't up for debate" Mattheo grumbled. Standing up and taking her hand in his. Using it to pull her to her feet. "Come on" he spoke softly as he guided her back into the house.

He walked her over to the island in the middle of the kitchen, his hands sliding down to her waist before he lifted her effortlessly, placing her on the counter top.

"Let me get you a drink. To warm you up" Mattheo nodded to himself as he scurried around, finding a pot of tea bags and flicking the kettle on to boil.

"What happened?" Mattheo turned around, watching as her eyes lifted to meet his.

"I-...it's just-..."

"The ball..." Mattheo swallowed thickly.

"Yes" Elizabeth looked down to her lap.

"How did you...calm yourself down" Mattheo walked towards her, handing her the mug of tea.

"I didn't" Elizabeth shook her head.

"Then how?" Mattheo placed a comforting hand on her knee, watching as she took a small sip out of the mug.

"Tom" that was all she needed to say for Mattheo's jaw to tense up.

"Tom did what?" Mattheo grumbled lowly.

"He-.."

"Oh, hello" Tom waltzed into the kitchen. His eyes falling upon Elizabeth's shakey figure. "Did you not come in after I kissed you?".

Elizabeth gulped, her eyes finding Mattheo's. Anger flashes across his features as he took a step backwards.

"You kissed him?" Mattheo's lips were parted slightly.

"N-not exactly" Elizabeth shook her head.

"Then what?" Mattheo's nostrils flared.