17

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°

On the 22nd of march, Elizabeth Montague was born. The youngest child and first daughter born to a prestigious Pureblood family.

Elizabeth thought it strange, that she was seventeen. She still remembered turning five, she remembered her mother running around the place, making sure that every nook of the house had been cleaned, even though no one would be going upstairs into any of the bedrooms.

She remembered Graham kissing one of her friends under the oak tree on her tenth birthday and getting caught by their parents.

She remembered receiving her Hogwarts letter on her eleventh birthday and the pure joy, nervousness and excitement that she felt.

She remembered turning fifteen, it was the first time that she'd felt any indication that Mattheo had feelings for her.

She remembered turning sixteen, alone in her dorm, heartbroken by the boy she loved.

Today she was seventeen and she knew she'd remember this birthday for years to come as well. She was becoming of age, as they like to say. Being seventeen meant that she no longer had the trace on her, the ministry could no longer track her every move and that was the best gift of all.

Her day had started off pretty normal. Wake up, shower, get dressed. Apart from Pansy screaming happy birthday every two seconds, not much felt different. That was until, a large bouquet of flowers appeared outside of her door and with a skeptical look, Elizabeth had bought them inside, opening the note.

Happy 17th birthday my love.

Mattheo

Elizabeth had smirked as she placed the flowers on top of her dresser, smelling the petals softly. Pink roses, her favourite.

Pansy had informed Elizabeth that they had to be in the common room before going for breakfast and the notion made Elizabeth groan, if there was one thing she hated, it was being the centre of attention and she knew her friends well, they didn't do anything by half.

"Come along" pansy chimed, clapping her hands together.

"Okay" Elizabeth rolled her eyes with a small smile. Following pansy down the stairs and when she reached the bottom, she couldn't believe her eyes.

The boys had decorated around the sofa's, which had come to be known as their spot. There were bouquets of flowers, fairy lights and presents organised on the table neatly. Something obviously done by Draco.

"Happy Birthday!" The boys all shouted at the same time. Elizabeth's eyes lighting up as she looked over all of their smiling faces.

"Oh I love you all so much" Elizabeth chuckled, walking further into the room. Mattheo came face to face with her, a grin on his face.

"I love you the most obviously" Elizabeth spoke, rising onto her tiptoes and pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Come on" Mattheo grabbed her hand tightly, pulling her down onto his lap as he fell into the old arm chair. The rest of their friends, took their retrospective seats on the sofas, all of them smiling widely as they waited for Elizabeth to grab a present.

"Okay you all look like Cheshire cats" Elizabeth eyes widened as she looked between them all.

"Shutup and open the damn presents" Draco groaned earning a slap to the back of the head from Blaise.

Elizabeth looked over the table of presents with her lip between her teeth, before reaching for a small black box. She pulled off the ribbon and opened the box, to reveal a small charm, seemingly one that would go on her bracelet that Theo got her for Christmas.

Her eyes watered as she stared at the small angel, knowing exactly why he'd chosen it.

"Thank you Theo" Elizabeth sniffled, taking the charm and clipping it onto her bracelet.

"You're welcome Beth" Theo grinned widely.

Her hand instinctively went to another box, a flatter one. She opened in carefully, staring straight at Draco after she did.

"Malfoy what is this" Elizabeth scoffed.

"How do you know it's from me?" Draco smirked.

"Because no one else is giving me a necklace made from diamonds" Elizabeth shook her head, gawking slightly at the sparkling piece in front of her.

"True" Draco chucked.

"Thank you" Elizabeth chuckled, taking one last look at the piece before carefully placing the box back down.

"Open that one next" Enzo squeaked, excitement clear on his features. Elizabeth smiled as she reached into the bag, pulling out a beautiful floor length gown.

"W-what? How did you choose something so beautiful?" Elizabeth looked at Enzo with wide eyes.

"Well, he had help" Blaise patted enzo's shoulder.

"Thank you, both of you" Elizabeth spoke as she looked between the two boys. "I don't know where I'll wear it but I'll wear it in my dorm if I have to". The boys seemed to give eachother a look but Elizabeth ignored it.

"Here" pansy handed Elizabeth the last box on the table. A grin on her face as she showed off her perfect teeth.

Elizabeth pulled at the wrapping paper, her mouth falling open as she stared at Pansy.

"No way! This is my favourite one!" Elizabeth stared at the Chanel box, that housed one of her favourite perfumes. "Thank you!" Elizabeth leant forward on Mattheo's lap, wrapping her arms tightly around Pansy's neck.

"And..." Mattheo hummed quietly "you'll get your presents from me later" he placed a delicate kiss to Elizabeth's neck, making goosebumps rise on her skin.

"Oh yeah? And do any of those presents involve you being naked?" Elizabeth smirked as she turned her head slightly, her eyes flickering between his lips and his brown orbs.

"Hmm maybe" Mattheo winked, snaking his hand up to her jaw, tilting her head back slightly as their lips Sealed together.

"Disgusting" Draco huffed, standing up from his seat.

"Gonna be sick" Enzo made fake gagging sounds, following after Draco.

"Come on love birds we don't want a live show" Blaise hollered as he stood up.

"What?! I want a free show" Theo smirked, only for Pansy to grab him by his ear and drag him to his feet.

Elizabeth pulled away from Mattheo, giggling slightly as she watched Pansy raise her eyebrows at her.

"I love you, Elizabeth" Mattheo spoke softly.

"I love you too Mattheo" Elizabeth tapped the end of his nose playfully before jumping up from his lap and linking her hand with his.

°•. ✿ .•° °•. ✿ .•°