Chapter 2

Seconds past Kuroko hasn't talked yet and so Riko decided to break the silence,"What would you like to tell me Kuroko-kun?" Riko asked.
Kuroko looks like he's on edge and keeps fidgeting on a corner. "There is something I would like to ask."
"What is it?"
"What would you feel if you are to meet someone you didn't see neither talk to for a long time?"
Riko looked at him dumbfounded. "Is this about a girl Kuroko-kun?"
"Yes." Riko gaped at him. Kuroko isn't talking about love interest, is he? "Uhm, Momoi?"
"No, this isn't about her."
"Then who? No scratch that, you are not asking for some love advice, are you?"
"No coach and as for your first question, she's someone very important to me. And I didn't see her for 10 years. Baba told me that I am only allowed to see her once I turned of age and I think it is now time since she's coming back home here in Japan tomorrow. I have sent her letters but I never received any. She must have hate me. What should I do, coach?"
Riko remained silent for a while. "I'm so sorry Kuroko-kun but I don't think I understand. Why won't your grandmother let you see this person? Who is she anyway?"
Kuroko seemed lost for words, cannot answer.
Riko sighed, "It's okay if you don't want to answer that. But I cannot really help you if you won't explain to me properly."
Kuroko bit his lip. "She's my younger sister."
"Eh?" Riko looked at him with utter confusion. "Say that again?"
"She's my sister coach, my first light and I did not talk her ever since we got separated."
"I thought you said you're an only child?"
"I never said I'm an only child, people only assumed that since I usually live alone. No one asked me about my family either."
Riko felt slightly guilty. It is true no one knows about Kuroko's family background and no one dared to ask him, poor Kuroko must have felt alone.
"I'm sorry to hear that Kuroko-kun. But may I ask what happened between you and your sister?"
"It is a family tradition and now I am her appointed guardian so she will be staying with me. I know it is hard to explain coach but I promise to tell you everything eventually."
Riko seemed lost for words this time. What kind of family tradition is that? Separating siblings for 10 years? For what cause? But she has to let it slide for now.
"What can I do for you?"
"I don't know what to ask coach. I don't know what to do right now." Kuroko's voice trembled.
Riko sighed and gently pat his shoulder. "Your sister. What is she like?"
Kuroko suddenly felt nostalgic and stared at the ceiling smilingly. "She's beautiful."
"Oh." Riko suddenly felt smiling. She never heard Kuroko described someone like that. Ever. "Despite our lack of presence, people say we are still complete opposites. She's like a sun to my moon. She's always cheerful and loves to fool around when we were kids while I prefer books and complete silence. I don't know if time finally changed her though I wish she didn't."
"Look. Why don't you buy something for your sister then talk to her. Then tell her everything you feel. Tell her all the things that happened to you. Tell her about the Winter cup then you should introduce her to us, Kuroko-kun," Riko smiled.
"Thank you coach. Of course I would." Kuroko paused for a while then, "Can I skip tomorrow's practice? I'll double my menu the day after tomorrow."
"Of course, but I won't double your menu. You and your sister have a lot to catch up. Just this once! Understand?!"
"Yes coach." Riko was about to leave the room when Kuroko suddenly grabbed her hand. "Kuroko?"
"Please don't tell the others coach. I will be the one to tell them when I introduce her to everyone."
"Be sure you will."
"I will," Kuroko smiled back.