Chapter 31

Nakbin finds herself on top of Aomine's shoulders as he is running so fast away from the bookstore, not minding all the stares they are receiving.
"Daiki-sama, what are you doing?"
"Be quiet! We're almost there."
"To where?"
"For Tetsu's sister you speak too much."
"!" This ended up offending Nakbin and she began hitting him.
"Stop moving!"
"Then put me down! Please."
"No can do...ah! Here we are."
Nakbin punched him in his arm after he put her down.
"Ow woman!"
"How dare you drag me in here?! This is unacceptable!" Nakbin irked.
Aomine narrowed his eyes and pushed her down, causing Nakbin to slump on a tree.
"Ouch! You really don't know how to treat ladies properly, do you?!" Aomine scoffed as he settled himself down, his head on her lap.
"Well sorry to disappoint you, your highness."
Nakbin narrowed her eyes at him and sighed deeply.
"It can't be helped. Why are we here again?"
"To sleep," he chided.
"In the middle of the day." Nakbin sternly said. "And in the middle of the park. Are you serious?"
"Got nothing else to do..."
"I still don't understand how you find everything boring. Look around you, the hustle-bustle of the streets, music and games everywhere. How can you not enjoy them?"
"Mah, I don't really care. It happens every year." Aomine said in sluggish tone, finally closing his eyes.
Nakbin shrugged. "Well I do. It's different from where I used to live."
Aomine gave her a lazy look and noticed her soft smile, as she looks everywhere.
Aomine sighed and pressed his head closer to hers. "Man, your legs are soft."
"Just to remind you, they aren't pillows."
Aomine opened his eyes again. His eyes widened to see her face close to his, her kaleidoscopic eyes bore into his dark blue ones, as if trying to get through him. He noticed a patch of sunlight touch her pale face, her crimson lips slightly parted. He began touching her soft locks. "Beautiful..."he muttered. "What is?" Aomine felt blood rush into his cheeks and inwardly cursed himself. Damn. I should be really careful not to speak my thoughts aloud next time, especially when Tetsu is around.
Suddenly he felt her slender fingers touching his hair. And it feels so good.
"Daiki-sama when a lady asks you a question you must answer."
"Hmph! The festival."
"Huh?"
"I said the festival is beautiful."
"Oh okay." Nakbin laughed softly at him. "Fine. I forgive you for taking me here without my permission and for pushing me."
"Hah?"
"Sleep." Nakbin smiled at him in a tender manner. Her fingers remained on his navy blue locks.

Meanwhile, the players from Touou team are across the streets. Kosuke Wakamatsu, Touou's newly appointed captain kept on yelling and cursing, attracting the attention of many.
"Where is that bastard?!"
"Ano, sumimasen, but Aomine and Momoi-san said they will just go and buy something from the food stalls." A boy with light brown hair, bowed as he kept muttering sorry.
"But they take forever!"
"Moe calm down, Wakamatsu. You'll find him soon enough." Imayoshi patted his shoulder, still with a smile on.
"But we need to practice for our game! And how can you be so calm?!"

"Ne, isn't that Aomine?" Susa asked pointing at the tanned male laying down under the Sakura tree.
"Teme! I am going to rip his lungs out! Buying something my ass, look at him! He's only sleeping his ass off!"
"I guess Aomine won't totally change no matter what, no?" Imayoshi asked, now frowning.
A bus passed in front of them before they can step in the curb of the busy street.
They stopped on their tracks when they noticed something different.
"Ne, wasn't Aomine alone?" Susa asked, eyes narrowing. The Touou players shared the same puzzled look as they see a girl with long dark hair touching the ground, slightly covering her face. Aomine's head is on her lap.
Wakamatsu blinked his eyes twice. "Eh?" Why didn't I notice the girl a while ago? Same thought came through the other members' minds and Imayoshi is no longer smiling.
They gaped as the new scene unfold. Their jaws barely touching the ground and there is a visible crack on Imayoshi's glasses.
Aomine is touching the girl's hair while her fingers barely touching his. They can clearly see her faint smile and Aomine seems to be blushing?
Since when did Aomine had a girlfriend?