Chapter 41

"Aniue, can I take my cello with me?"
"Of course, we might arrive earlier than the others so you can go and play for a while." Tetsuya smiled.
Yoon scoffed. He never heard Tetsuya say no to her requests. No wonder, Nakbin is such a spoiled princess.
They prepared snacks enough for all the teams. Tyelko, being the tallest, carries Nakbin's cello and two more bags. They arrived at Seirin unnoticed. As expected, they are the first ones to arrive. After they settled everything Nakbin requested to go and play her cello outside.
She sat by a rock under a Sakura tree. She breathes in the fresh air of morning crisp. She started playing her cello as the birds sing with her music.

Akashi, Rakuzan's phantom sixth man and the three uncrowned generals are strolling around Seirin and heard the beautiful music coming at the back of gym. They, too, have arrived early since Akashi doesn't tolerate tardiness.

"Reo-nee, did you hear that?" Kotaro asked the dark haired general with pure enthusiasm.
"Sounds beautiful, isn't it? Why don't we follow it Sei-chan?" Reo asked their captain leading their way.
"There are few more hours left before the practice game starts. I guess we could take a look for a while. I didn't hear someone play earlier, he must have only just arrived." Akashi sternly told them.
As they march towards the back of the gymnasium, Akashi closes his eyes as the music sounds clearer.
It must be cello, he thought. Being a violin prodigy himself, he is already particular with the sounds of other instruments.
As they reached the place, they don't see anyone much to their disappointment. However the music keeps on playing. As they moved closer, they could see someone seated on a rock behind the tree. The person has long thick hair that is already touching the ground full of petals. Her hair sways with the wind as it reflects the sun. Eager to know the person, they tried to move closer, careful enough not to disturb the person playing.
They could barely see her face but they could see her eyes flutter shut. The deep voice of her cello makes such sweet strains as her bow dances and kisses the strings. The music itself is full of memories, happy, sad, excited, full of longing and hinting at power. When her eyes met Akashi's crimson eyes, Akashi's world suddenly stopped. Then...
"Sei-chan!"
"Akashi!"
The ever famous Akashi Seijuro tripped. He tripped, together with his absoluteness and highly respectable dignity. Oh boy, he never felt so downright humiliated before.
Then the music stopped. The person playing was now gone, her cello laid abandoned on grass.
"You're hurt." A soft worried tone said, causing the others to jump slightly in fright.
They looked down at the little girl in front of them. She has mesmerizing kaleidoscopic dark eyes. Her hair cascaded past her knees and her pale skin resembles the snow. Her blood red lips are slightly parted in worry. The girl stares at Akashi's abrasion on his forearm. Entranced by her beauty, none of them moved an inch. It is as if they were caught in a spiderweb of dreams unable to escape. They remained frozen as they were until Nakbin gently pulled Akashi with her.
"Come."
She led him towards a sink as the others followed from behind, unable to speak. Even the ever energetic raiju Hayama Kotaro, remained silent and seemed to be in a dreamy state.

Akashi stared at the girl who is carefully washing his wound. She took a white cloth from her bag and pay it gently. His heart started beating fast as he feels her cold fingers tickling his skin. She fished out something and was about to place it on his forearm when Akashi pulled his arm away.
"What's that?"
"Oh sorry but it's a healing patch. I made it myself, it soothes all types of wounds. Put this on and it will be healed by tomorrow. You won't see anything, not even a single scar, like it never happened."
Akashi looks unconvinced. He feels quite irritated at the girl since it is actually her fault that he tripped. He looked straight to her with all his pride and might. He narrowed his eyes when her eyes remained blank. She did not even flinch or showed signs of fear when he looked at her. People are usually intimidated whenever he does it but not her.
"I appreciate your help and concern but I do not accept something that comes from a stranger."
Nakbin was taken aback and slightly offended by his words.
"Sei-chan..." Reo glanced at his captain then looked at the girl in pitiful eyes.
"Very well..." She walked regally towards a tree and hit her arm against the bark. All were surprised by her actions. They watch her walking back to them and saw the same scratch as Akashi's on her forearm. She washed it and pay it dry, and took another patch from her bag. She peeled it off and placed it on her forearm as she looked defiantly at Akashi right straight into his eyes. Akashi parted his lips in shock.
"Now if you may..." She took back his arm but this time he didn't resist and allowed her to cover his wound with her patch.
Nakbin hummed satisfactorily and smiled at him. "It never happened."

Kotaro finally recovered from his dreamy state and rushed towards her. He took her hands and began shaking it vigorously.
"Wow! Hi! The name's Hayama Kotaro! What's your name? Wow, your ears are so pointy! You're so tiny too but you look really pretty, you know? Just like Snow White!"
Reo broke Kotaro's grip from her and pushed him away.
"Enough Kota-chan. You are startling the Miss." He looked at her smilingly. "I'm sorry about my companion. I'm Mibuchi Reo, nice to meet you cutie."
He fluttered his outstanding lashes at her and pinched her rosy cheek. Nakbin winced at the dull pain.
She curtsied at them earning surprised looks from the boys. "It is my pleasure to meet you Reo-sama but my name not is Cutie, it is Nakbin."
"You got some great manners in you kid." Nebuya butted in, shoving himself forward. "The name's Nebuya Eikichi."
"That's right. Perhaps you could rub some for Kota-chan here, he needs some manners as well."
"Reo-nee!" Kotaro shouted indignantly. He doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of the pretty girl. Nakbin smiled widely at them.

Nakbin's smile turned into a worried scowl as she tried to look around.
"Uh Miss?"
Nakbin looked up in an alert manner towards her right and gasped.
"Look out!"