Chapter 85

The car ride stays silent most of the time, but isn't awkward. I think we're both still in shock about what just happened. I actually enjoy sitting here in silence with Harry, just being able to take in his presence.

When we get to the hospital we sit in the waiting room for about thirty minutes. Harry is starting to get very impatient and I have to stop him from making a scene a few times. Its 4:30 in the morning and I'm barley keeping my eyes open. I look over at Harry and I can tell he's tired as well, but too annoyed to show it. We both had a very long night. After moments of contemplating I decide to rest my head on Harry's shoulder. I feel him look over at me and shortly after he rests his head on mine. I smile in comfort and drift off for about three seconds until the nurse comes out and shouts Harry's name finally calling him back.
Harry and I immediately jump startled from the nurses loud voice. Harry must of drifted off too.

"Jesus Christ!" He shouts back at the nurse with wide eyes

The nurse lets out a small laugh
"Sorry Hun, I didn't mean to scare ya. I work the nightshift so sometimes I forget what time it is"

"Well you scared the shit out of us" Harry says at the same time as I smile lightly and say "It's okay"

Harry and I look at each and smile slightly not the slightest bit surprised at our different responses. We know how different we are, and we don't care.
The nurse looks at us oddly and Harry stands up very tiredly and offers his hand to help me up. I smile as he pulls me up and we walk to the back to complete the evaluation.

Harry and I are seated right next to each other and we wait another five minutes for the nurse to return with her stuff. The same nurse walks up and sits across from us with her pen and clipboard. Harry and I stay silent until she asks a question.

"So, what happened?" She asks while examining his knuckles from a far. The nurse seems really sweet so I hope Harry goes easy on her.

"I broke my knuckles" he says bluntly, and the nurse just stares.

"Yeah, I see that, but the question is how?" she asks this time a little less sweet. I decide to sit this one out and stay silent.

"Does it matter!?" he asks
"They're broken, so just fix them!"

The nurse looks over at me and I look to the side. Like I said I'm gonna sit this one out.

"You have to tell us the story so we know how to treat you properly, so yes young man it does matter."

Harry doesn't say anything so I know I have to do something, anything. I look over at Harry catching his attention and slightly nod my head. Harry looks the other way and clenches his jaw but after a moment he breaks.

"Fine." he says coldly and I smirk slightly to myself proud that I got him to talk.

I look down at my hands and occasionally glance over at harry while he tells the nurse what happened. He starts off at his house and describes what happened as us getting into a fight, which isn't necessarily wrong. He says he blacked out and woke up with his knuckles already bloody but then fully broke them by pounding on a door, Lizzies door. He leaves out all the details and gives her a basic overall story.

After Harry finishes his story the nurse continues writing on her clipboard for a few minutes finishing Harry's evaluation. She asks a few questions about insurance and confirms his medical data while I stare off into the corner trying to stay awake.

I continue to zone off until someone lightly pushes my shoulder and snaps me out of it. I look up and see Harry standing above me smiling slightly.

"Oh hey" I smile happy to see his face.

Harrys slight smile forms into a grin
"welcome back" he says still smiling

I laugh lightly and sit up straight.

"Were just gonna get a quick ex-ray and wrap up his hand" the nurse informs me sweetly.

"Okay" I say as I get up.
"Is it okay if I go with?" I ask the nurse and Harry just smiles

"Of course sweetheart" says the nurse and Harry and I follow her into a room.
"Now you two sit tight I'll be back in one minute, then we'll go get that ex-ray done" She says towards Harry and he nods his head. The nurse smiles at us one last time before leaving the room.

"You tired?" Harry asks as he turns to face me.

I nod my head
"Yeah, really tired"

"Are you gonna go to school tomorrow?" he asks

"Yeah, I have to. Its my last day to practice my dance before the assembly" I say unexcitedly

"Oh yeah" Harry smiles
"I forgot about that."

I smile slightly wanting to vent to him how much I don't want to do this dance, but I just don't have the energy so I continue with small talk
"Are you going to school?" I ask

"I don't see why not. Staying up all night doesn't really bother me anymore"

"Oh, okay" I smile slightly and a few seconds later the nurse walks in.

"Harold will you please come with me?" The nurse asks after entering the room and Harry's eyes widen

"It's Harry!" He sharply replies

"I'm sorry, Harry." She corrects herself
"But you need to come with me to get your ex ray. It will only take a few minutes"

Harry nods his head then turns to look at me.
"I'll be right back"

"Okay" I smile slightly. I didn't know his name with Harold. I must of missed that when the nurse called his name before. Now I know how to mess with him I joke and smile to myself

Once Harry leaves I sit back against the chair and take a deep breath. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day

// haven't updated in forever and I don't know how to apologize for that I'm so sorry. Anyways I have things planned so I'm gonna write the next chapter tomorrow. I just wanted to post this to give you guys something... Anything. Anyways ily I'll update again real soon to make up for the wait