Chapter 2

I start to think of Harry again but quickly shake the thought out of my head. Its my first day of school, I can not get distracted by a boy already, its been like 5 minutes since I got out of the car.

I cant help but to wonder if we'll have a class together, but all my classes are advanced.

I suddenly interrupt my thoughts. I need to focus on school, I need to focus only on school.

To be honest though, I'm not really sure I wanted to end my thoughts. They weren't hurting anybody, right?

I ask a few staff members where the principle is as I wander around mindlessly. I finally find her and I guess she knows who I am due to the fact that she quickly paces over to me and offers me her hand.

"Welcome to midway Alison"

I nod and say thank you before she rushes me to the printing room to print out my schedule. Shes probably very busy and stressed on the first day of school... I know I am and I'm just a student.

It takes me a few minutes to learn how to log onto the computer... I mean in all respect, who just sends a new student on her own to the printing room in expectation that they will know how to work everything and have no problem doing so at all?

I finally figure out how to log into the computer and print out my schedule. I grab the paper from the printer and turn around walking to the door when suddenly the printer starts completely spazzing out behind me. My eyes widen as I turn around and see that there is paper flying out in every direction of this thing.
"no no no" i keep repeating while i try to shove the paper back in, which I have to admit was not one of my brightest ideas.

Suddenly a tall blonde girl comes running in the room and unplugs the printer. Wow, well I could of just done that.

Some people may say I'm a klutz, and they were right.

The tall blonde girl and I both take a breath in and exhale in relief.
"The first day of school is the best isnt it?" She says with a smile, the sarcasm in her voice being obvious.

"Yeah it sure is" I smile back and nod gently.

"I'm Elizabeth... Elizabeth Erikson but call me Lizzie" She reaches out for my hand and I happily shake hers.

"Hi, I'm Alison Gilbert"

"Your new here aren't you?"

It was that obvious, huh? Then again, a new student sticks out like a sore thumb.

"Yeah how'd you know?"

"Oh, I'm in Junior student government...I'm president"

I nod my head thinking about how tall, perfect, and skinny she is. I mean, she has a flawless face and body. Im sure people worship her at this place.

She breaks the silence by saying "I should probably get to class now"

"Me too" I nod "Right after i clean this mess up" I say as I look around the room.

She chuckles softly and nods. "That might be a good idea. I'll see you around, I hope you have a good first day at Midway"

"Bye Elizabeth".... " I mean Lizzie" I quickly correct myself as I remember that she wanted to be called Lizzie.

"Bye Alison." she smiles and with a tiny wave walks out the door.

I smile to my self as she walks away, soon cleaning up all the millions of my printed schedules off the floor except one of course. It was time to head to class.

I head down to my first hour which is performance dance, yeah I know I'm clumsy, but somehow I've managed to be a great dancer ever since I was a little girl.

As I gaze over my schedule I realize that I kind of liked the classes. How bad could it be here after all?

1. Performance Dance Ms. Rose
2. Algebra 3-4 H Mr. George
3. American History H Mr. Glay
4. AP English Mrs. Blayne
{Lunch}
5. Physics Ms. Bills
6. Creative Writing Mr. Grey

{ Gabrielle Wilde as Lizzie Erikson}