Chapter 51

As we reach the cafeteria Mia, Lizzie, Trevor and I are about to go in line but I grab Lizzies arm and pull her out the cafeteria side doors and over to the side of the building. Mia and Trevor look back and noticed we were gone but they continued getting there lunch with no hesitation.

Once I stop pulling Lizzie around we stand there is silence until I say "Hi" and smile

"Hi Alison" Lizzie says as she laughs
"Uh what's up?" she asks confused

"I'm here to tell you why 'I'm staying at your house all week'" I air quote

"And you had to drag me all the way here?" she says sweetly/confused.

I just look at her

"Well I guess so" she laughs "So what is it?"

I really don't know if I can lie anymore, I don't want to loose my friends. I've been lying like a mad man and it needs to stop.

I decide to tell Lizzie the true story.
Her reaction is normal. She covers her mouth a few times and asks a few questions that i happily answer. She promised she won't tell a soul, and I want to trust her but well we just met not to long ago.

She says she will cover my story to Mia and make it more believe able that I'm at her house. I thank her a million times and hug her. At least some of the work I have to do she can for me... For example explaining to Mia why I was with Harry. After much more explaining she asks if I want to go inside with her. I tell her I'll meet her in line in a second, and that I just need to call my mom real quick. Where more lying will be addressed.

I have no choice but to lie to my mom she will freak out, although she's probably too in love with Phil to miss my presence. Which is okay in this situation, that way she won't be on my trail. If I tell her the truth I'll have to go home and be grounded forever.
A. I can't leave harry not this soon after he tried to you know...
And B. I kinda like hanging out with him, I finally admit to myself, and lastly C. I might still want to go to homecoming and I won't be able to if my mom finds out what I've been up to.

So it's figured out. My moms not gonna know... Probably ever. It's not like I'm a bad girl... So this should be okay right?

Anyways I'm happy Lizzie's gonna talk to Mia there's only so much stories I can make up. I just hope I can keep up with all the lies.

But if Harry finds out nothing is ever gonna be the same. He's gonna hate me and if he hated me.... I don't know actually. The idea of him hating me just made me sick to my stomach.

I sink down against the wall filled with my thoughts. I lean my head against the wall and close my eyes when all of a sudden my eyes flash open

I just realized something.

I like Harry....
I like him a lot... More than like I care about him deeply.

Will this change things? What if I can't act normal around him?  What if I stutter or blurt out that I like him? What if I act like a second grade school girl oh my gosh. Thoughts are flushing through my head.

Shit. I need I call my mom

I take a deep breathe go on my contact list and click on mom.

Here goes everything. I think as I lift the phone up to my ear.