185 (A Year and a Half)

Blake's P.O.V.

It's been a year since Kara and I went our separate ways. We tried for six months to make it work but like always, we fought... I convinced Aunt Cynthia to drop the charges against Kara, but she wasn't going anywhere. Which was the main reason Kara left. She wanted to move back to Puerto Rico so bad but she didn't want her kids so far away from their dad so she rented a place close by instead...

It kills me to see her and know that she's not mine anymore. Neither one of us has asked for a divorce and she won't get one from my end. I love her way to much to let her go. It's been hard to explain to the kids what's going on, especially Tyler. Now that he's older he has a hell of a lot more questions. I have a huge house that is so quiet now... empty. I miss them more than anything. I hope one day it can all change.

It was my weekend with the kids and I went to pick them up. As I waited all I could do was stare at Kara. To tell her how much I missed her, and how much I love her. But there was just one problem...

"Babe! Don't forget your wallet." 

She was dating someone... Xander... they've been dating for 10 months.

"Hey, man." He shook my hand as soon as he opened the door.

"Hey, how are you?" I shook back.

"Good, good. You know, a little chaos but..."

"Yeah, try living with them." I joked.

The guy was awesome, I won't deny. He wasn't like the other assholes Kara dated. But still, I had to keep my eye on him. This guy was spending time with my kids and they mean everything to me. One wrong move and he will forever be on my bad side.

"I want to." He said.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm gonna ask Kara tonight if she wants to move in together... You think that's okay?"

"You're asking me  if it's okay you can ask my ex to go live with you? With my kids?"

"Yeah, that's kind of stupid."

"Very."

"Hey, Blake." Kara finally arrived.

"Hey, Kara."

"I'll go get the kids, come on." I went on with her and Xander stayed behind.

"So... You and Xander getting pretty serious." I ask her.

"What? Why?" She asked a bit confused.

"No reason."

"Yeah, I guess."

"You guess? You in love with him?"

"Am I-- What is going on?" She turns to face me as she halts to a stop. "I've been seeing the guy for 10 months. Why these questions now?"

"I'm just asking... The guy's spending a lot of time with my kids."

"I guess so, Blake."

"What do you mean you guess--"

"Daddy!!!" I get tackled.

"Hey babies! You ready for some fun?"

"Yes!!"

"Good, cause tonight we are gonna get filled with candy and stay up late and keep on eating until we can't no more."

"Yeah, I don't think so, mister." Kara stepped in.

"Oh come on, mommy!" Tyler pouted.

"Nice try, I'm immune to your pouts... Last time you did that you got a tummy ache, remember?"