4

Blake’s P.O.V.

The night was young after I left Kara and the kids so the guys and I decide to walk around the town. The girls decide to go clubbing but we weren’t in the mood. We were walking to the hotel, but I spot Kara walking alone on the beach. I told the guy I would meet them at the hotel, I wanted to make sure she was okay. I walk down the stairs and go to her, she was looking at the water so she didn’t know I was behind her. She was wearing a hombre dress, purple, white and blue revealing her bare back, I could swear she looked like a goddess. “Hey” she was startled.

“Jeez! You scared me”

“Sorry, didn’t mean to.”

“What are you doing here?” we both say at the same time and chuckled.

“I couldn’t sleep, came to take a walk, get my mind off things, you?”

“I was walking around with the guys, it’s beautiful here at night.”

“Drinking?”

“A little.” I answer and she shakes her head. “What?” I chuckle.

“Nothing… Does it not bother you?”

“What-” she cuts me off.

“Of course it doesn’t bother you. You make millions a year.”

“What doesn’t bother me?”

“People that actually need money but don’t have it.” I see her eyes water.

“Do you need money?”

“I’m not asking you for money Griffin. I’m just asking if it bothers you.”

“Yeah, I guess.” She looks at me with a stare questioning what I responded. So I clarify “Yes, it does. It does bother me.”

“Then why don’t you do something about it?”

“Like what?”

“Like help the needy! There are people who would kill for a sandwich. Why can’t you just go somewhere and buy them something to eat? Or buy them a blanket to keep them warm?” she sits on the sand.

I get closer to her and sit next to her. I grab her chin and turn her head so she would face me “are you okay?” she stares at me and I try to head for a kiss but she pulls away.

She takes a deep breath before answering “No” she sniffles.

“What’s wrong?” I asked worried.

“I miss my brothers. I miss them so much.” She starts crying and I hug her. “We thought they were all dead” she continues to cry.

“All of them?”

“Yeah, Marcus and John were there too. They saw them get killed, it must’ve been horrible. John was shot in the back four times and Marcus was technically dead, but they got to him just in time.” She says more calmly but with tears still coming out of her eyes.

“How come we never see Marcus?”

She sniffles “he needs to rest before he goes to surgery, so he’s always at the hospital with his wife.”

“Surgery?”

“Yeah, he was shot in the leg out there and it got infected. He needs that surgery fast, but no matter what we do the money’s not enough.” She says numb and tired almost falling asleep in my chest. I say she was numb because I know she wouldn’t mention needing money in front of me.

“All the charities were for him?”

“Mm-hmm” that was the last thing she said before the drifted off. I didn’t want to wake her and the hotel was pretty close so I carried her there. When we arrive I ask for a new room, so she didn’t have to stay where the guys and I were staying. I lay her on the bed and sit next to her. Next thing I know I fell asleep next to her, not on purpose of course.