35

Blake’s P.O.V.

I get back to the car and drive back home, as soon as I park the car I start punching the wheel out of mixed emotions. All I do is enter the house and I already felt the emptiness and silence, I couldn’t live like this. I call Kara to beg her not go but her phone was turned off. I decide to call D.J. to ask if I could go to his house to get distracted, plus to tell him what just happened.

“Hello?”

“D.J. what’s up?”

“Nothing man, just chilling at home”

“Right… Can I come over? I need to tell you something”

“Aw man, don’t tell me you got Kara pregnant again… You gotta give her a brake man”

“No, it’s not that”

“Oh, but yeah come on, get here already”

I got to his house, I wonder if she told Amber she was leaving. When I get there I ring his doorbell and Amber opens the door.

“Hey!” she greets me “Where’s Kara and the kids?” I guess she doesn’t know.

“She didn’t tell you?”

“No… tell me what?”

“Hey, man” D.J. came from behind her “Come on in don’t just stand there”

“Where’s Kara?” Amber asked again

“She left…”

“Whoa” D.J. said “You okay?” I shake my head

“Left? Left where?”

“Back to Puerto Rico”

“Oh man, I’m sorry” D.J. put his hand on my shoulder

“What wouldn’t she tell me? What about the kids?”

“I think it was more of a last minute thing, and she took the kids”

“Shit, you gonna fight for custody?” D.J. asked

“Nah, they’re better off with her, we’re flying all the time and staying with

me is not a good idea”

“Did she leave already?” Amber asked

“Yeah I just left them at the airport. I can’t go back to that house man, it feels empty”

“Looks like we’re gonna have to go out to make you get your mind off things”

I stay there for 2 more hours then I go back home. I throw the keys on the table and go take a shower. I don’t know what Kara wanted me to do, but it’s only been some hours and it feels like too much, I can’t even call her yet. As soon as I’m done taking a shower I go to the bed and take a nap… I need my family back, I just need to know how to get it.

____________________o_____________________

Kara’s P.O.V.

The plane ride was the longest I’ve ever been in… I was excited to see my family, but leaving Blake broke my heart. We arrive and I tell Tyler not to let go of my shirt, I get the suitcase and go outside, where Kora and Kira were already waiting.

“Hi baby!” Kira yells as soon as she sees Tyler. Tyler let’s go of my shirt and runs to her giggling.

Kora opens her arms at me and mouths ‘I’m sorry’… I fake a smile but as soon as she hugs me tears start falling “It’ll be okay” she says trying to comfort me “Now, where’s auntie’s little girl?!” I laugh and give Emma to her, she gasps “You’re so big, yes you are”

We arrive home and as soon as I open the door the boys run to me “Aunt Kara!!”

“My boys!” I try to hug all three of them at the same time but they weren’t so little anymore. “Where’s Sean?”

“He’s right here” Kira gets him

“Oh my God, hi!” I say in a playful tone.

After some hours talking with my family Blake calls. I didn’t know if I should answer but I can’t just shut him out of my life so I pick it up.

“Hello?”

“Hey, you made it”

“Yeah… you call 10 hours later to check?”

“Sorry, I took a nap. Kids awake?”

“It’s 10:00pm, they’re already asleep”

“Okay, well, can I call them tomorrow?”

“Yeah”

“All right, thanks. Good night”

“Good night”

“I love you” he practically blurts out

“Blake…”

“I know, I’m sorry”

“Good night”

“Night”

** 3 weeks later

Blake’s been off his game lately, he’s been playing horrible during some of his games. He talks to Tyler from time to time through Skype but I don’t want to see him, it’ll make things harder for me. I was in the living room playing with Tyler when Kira comes with her computer surely to show me something.

“Hey, someone posted a video of Blake on YouTube in a postgame interview, did you see it?”

“No” I say in a ‘I don’t care’ sort of way.

“You should see it, it says: Blake Griffin responds to comments about his family leaving. She plays it…

VIDEO:

I could see the sadness on his face, he was sad even though they won the game.

Reporter: “Blake you’ve been off your game lately, any comments on why?”

“I just gotta concentrate harder and work on everything”

Reporter: “Blake, we know your family left a couple of weeks ago. Will you get better without the distraction of kids?”

He was a little pissed by his question “They’re not a distraction, they’re my family, and I would appreciate it if you keep the questions on basketball”

“He’s pretty down about the whole thing” Kira says “Have you talked to him?”

“Not really, he just talks to Tyler through Skype”

“Maybe you should talk to him” she starts to leave

“Hey! Do you still have Jimmy’s number?” I ask her

“Why?”

“I was thinking about getting another tattoo”

“Yeah I got it, but aren’t you still breastfeeding Emma?”

“I’m not getting the tattoo now Kira and I’m trying to get her to stop, she’s sucking me dry”

She laughs “Yeah, they do that don’t they? Especially when they bite”

“Oh man, don’t even start with that one” we both laugh

“Oh I almost forgot, you remember Kevin?”

“Yeah”

“Well he found out about your breakup with Blake and he asked me about you”

“God, the guy doesn’t miss a second, does he?”

“Haha no, but if you’re not planning on getting back together with Blake maybe you should give him a call, he is a hunk”

“I don’t know Kira, it’s too soon… Maybe some other time”

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry it's kind of boring...