45

Blake’s P.O.V.

Kara came real late, about 1:30am. I didn’t want to fall asleep until she came back.

“We need to talk” I say and gets startled

“Jesus, you scared me”

“Where were you?”

“Nowhere”

“Kara”

“Nowhere Blake. I’m not gonna tell you where I was… I’ve never told my family I’m not gonna tell you”

“Right cause I’m just the father of your kids right?” I ask “The whole thing at the hospital---”

“I don’t want to talk about it”

“I know”

“Then why do you ask?”

I stand up and get close to her “I just wanted to tell you… I’m here, if you wanna talk about it”

“Thanks, and I’m sorry. How is he?” she asks tearfully.

“He’s asleep”

“Is this my fault?” she begins to cry and I pull her to my chest to hug her.

“No, I doubt we’re the first parents to go through this and we’ll certainly won’t be the last”

“Is he in your room?”

I shake my head “Yours”

“And Emma?”

“Yours” we go upstairs to check on them. Emma was on her crib and Tyler on the bed sucking on his pacifier… he looked peaceful. Kara lays next to him gently so she wouldn’t wake him, she puts her arm around him, I just stare at them from the door. “Good night” I tell her

“Stay” she says, keeping me from walking out the door.

“What?”

“Please”

“Are you sure?” she nods and I wasn’t gonna ask twice. I lay next to Tyler, facing her “Were you happy with me?” I ask kind of sleepy.

She takes her time to answer “Yes” she whisper

“Then why’d you leave?”

“I needed a break from everything… I don’t know” she lifts Tyler’s shirt, and breaths deeply “I can’t even look at it”

“It’s gonna be fine” I try to calm her.

“Shit” she sit up fast covering her mouth, and runs to the bathroom to throw up.

“Aren’t you like 2 months pregnant?”

“Yeah”

“Then why are you still throwing up?”

“It can happen during the whole pregnancy Blake”

“Urgh, sucks to be you” I tease

“Screw you” she says giving me the finger and I chuckle. When she’s done she brushes her teeth and comes back to the bed.

I know she didn’t want to talk about it but we had to … “When you have the baby, I’m pretty sure he’s gonna want to see it if he isn’t locked up… I don’t want Tyler or Emma there when he does”

“Blake he doesn’t even know I’m pregnant” she whispers to me

“Right… Why didn’t you tell him?” I ask but she fell asleep… or at least pretended.