41 (G.N.O.)

Blake’s P.O.V.

I wake up next morning with a slap on the face from Tyler

“Tyler!” Kara yells “That’s not nice”

“Ow”

“Sorry I told him to wake you, not to hit you” she said soothing Emma.

“It’s okay” I yawn taking the covers off and sitting up. “What time is it?”

“About 12:00pm… listen I need ask you a favor”

“Uh-oh” I say looking at Tyler and he laughs

“Very funny” she says smiling

I chuckle, pick Tyler up en lay back on bed with him on my stomach “What do you need?”

“Can you please, please, please look after the kids tonight?”

I wait a little before I answer “I can’t I’m going out”

“Well… where are you going?”

“To the movies”

“Okay good, you can take them there”

“With Christina”

“Oh… please Blake we really need a break from the kids”

We?

“My sisters and I kind of planed a ‘Girls night out’ and the dads would stay with the kids”

“I you tell me this now?

“It was a last minute thing, you know what forget it, sorry I bothered you”

“You didn’t bother me” I say before she left “And I didn’t say I wouldn’t look after them, I guess I could go early to the movies. Besides, how hard can it be to look after them?”

“One night, with both of them, you alone? You’ll understand how crazy it is… thank you”

“Yeah” with that she leaves, I call Christina to tell her to meet me at the movies earlier, she agreed.

**At the movies:

“Hi” she waved at me.

“Hey, how are you?”

“I’m great, you?”

“Good, you ready? I already got the tickets”

“Sure” We enter the theater, buy some popcorn and go sit. “I hope I didn’t embarrass myself last night” she says shyly

“No don’t worry about it”

“So is your son really okay?”

“Yeah he’s better, I think he had a stomach ache” I lie, he wasn’t feeling bad all, that was all Kara. “So have you lived here all your life?”

“No, I live in Miami, my mom got sick and I came to look after her. What about you? I’m sure your main house isn’t here”

“No, I’m in L.A. just here for the off season with the kids”

“You only have two?”

“No, I have three, my first born lives in L.A. too”

“Oh wow, must be a lot of work”

“Not for me, I was on the road a lot of time so I didn’t really stay every day with them, but it is hard being away from them”

“I can imagine, how old are they?”