63 (The Confrontation)

As soon as I feel someone touch my head, I wake up fast from my sleep.

“Kevin?!” I say kind of loud but not so loud, I didn’t want to wake the twins “How did you get in here?”

“The door was unlocked” bullshit! I locked that door myself.

“The door wasn’t unlocked, how did you get in here?”

“Window. I just want to see my kids”

“Kevin, I already told you they’re not yours”

“They kind of look like me” he looking down on them. Thankfully Jada asked me if she could take Emma and Tyler out so I could take a break, so they weren’t here.

“They look nothing like you Kevin, please just go”

“Not without my kids”

“They’re not yours!” I got a little loud

“I will fight you in court for them if I have to Kara”

“Go ahead! They’re not gonna give them to you. You have charges for hitting a child and you need to prove they’re yours which they will ask for DNA and it’s not gonna match yours”

“What make you so sure?”

“Cause I already had them tested… They’re Blake’s”

“You’re lying… I’m taking them with me” God! What is it with me and picking the wrong man?!

“No, no! Wait! I’ll, I’ll go with you back home” I didn’t know what to do. It was the only thing I could think of so he wouldn’t take them.

“You will? What about Blake?”

“I’ll leave him”

“All right, we should leave right now”

“No… tomorrow. Emma and Tyler aren’t here, I can’t leave without them and I have to tell Blake I’m leaving him”

“Tomorrow then, meet me at 9:00am at the airport okay?”

“Okay” he kisses me and he leaves. After that I just stay there, shaken, afraid. The old me wasn’t like this, she would’ve probably beat the shit out of him. But I wasn’t scared for me, I was scared for my kids, that old girl was gone.

I didn’t call the cops or Blake, I didn’t want to leave the twins for a second, I basically just literally froze. After about an hour I hear the front door close, I thought it was Kevin again, until I heard Blake’s voice.

“Babe?!” he called. He opens the bedroom door “Kara?”

“Blake” I stand up, go hug him and begin to cry.

“Whoa, you okay? What’s wrong?” he asks a bit worried.

 “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you” I said tearfully

“Tell me what?” we break the hug.

“Last week, when I was acting all weird… I don’t know why I didn’t tell you, I guess I freaked out. Brynn came here---”

“This is all because of Brynn?”

“No! Just listen---” I couldn’t take it anymore “Kevin! Kevin came here last week”

“Kevin? Your ex?” I nod “How’d he know where we lived?”

“He must’ve followed Kora”

“Why are you telling me this now?”

“I don’t know”

“Babe?” we go sit by the bed with the twins “I don’t mean to sound like an asshole, but why are you crying now if this happened a week ago?”

“He was just here! He wanted to take the twins” I was so scared that I start to cry again.

“What?! Why didn’t you call me?! Or the cops?!”

“I don’t know! I just froze! Please don’t yell at me!”

“I’m sor--- Jesus Christ!” he pulls me to his chest “Are you okay?” I could hear his heart pounding.

“Yes” I wipe my tears.

“Where is he?”

“No please don’t do anything” I begged. I didn’t beg so he wouldn’t do anything to Kevin, I begged so nothing would happen to him, I’ve had my run ins with the law in the past and I don’t want to see Blake in jail.

“Kara you have to tell me where he is”

“I don’t know… I swear, he just wants me to meet him at the airport tomorrow”

“Why?”

“I told him I was going back home with him”

“Why would you tell him that?” he asked a bit annoyed

“It was the only thing I could think of, he was gonna take the kids”

“Where’s Tyler and Emma?”

“They’re with Jada”

“All right… we need to call the cops”

“No! That’ll only piss him off more”

“They can get a restraining order”

“That doesn’t do anything, he could hurt us and take the kids before the cops even show up”

“We have to do something!”

“I’m sorry”

“Baby this is not your fault” he pulls me back to his chest and kisses the top of my head. I few minutes later, Blake calls the cops and they arrive. The cops where asking me questions, but my mind was elsewhere.

Cop: “Ma’am? Ma’am?”

“Sorry” I snap out of it

“It’s okay to me shaken up. Now, how did you say he came in?”

“He said he came through a window”

“And then he just told you he was going to take your kids?” I nodded “Okay, well we can arrest him on attempted kidnapping but if he makes bail, he’ll be out. We can a restraining order”

I shake my head in disproval, I knew he was gonna be out before we knew it

“We can stay at DJ’s until he’s gone. He said it was okay” Blake says

“With four kids? I don’t think he’ll like it”

“Then we’ll find another house”

“Okay” he hugs me and says thank you to the cops before they leave.

**Next day:

It was 2:00pm so the cops must’ve grabbed Kevin by now. We leave the kids at DJ’s so we could go back and pack some stuff, Amber decides to look after them and DJ’s comes help us. Blake goes to our room to get our clothes while I got the kids clothes. I go to the backyard to get some of the toys they left laying around and as soon as I look to the BBQ there was Kevin and once again I froze.

“You lied to me” he said standing up, pointing at me with a knife.

“How are you out of jail?” I ask with my voice cracking of fear.

“I made bail. It’s was real fast. Why did you lie to me?”

“I’m sorry”

“You’re sorry?!”

I was kind of relived when I heard Blake walking behind me but still scared that Kevin might hurt him. As soon as we heard him Kevin hid the knife.

“Hey babe, did you---?” he stopped when he saw Kevin “You must have a death wish” he start walking to him but I pull him by his shirt.

“Blake no! He has a knife” thankfully he listened, last time he ignored me completely and almost beat him to death. I could still see the anger in his eyes, but as long as Kevin had that knife, he couldn’t do anything. Last thing I want is for the father of my kids and the man I love dead...