38 (Hard Summer)

Kara’s P.O.V.

*2 weeks later:

Blake arrives here today, John is at the airport picking him up. He wanted to see the kids as soon as possible. I was in the living room with Tyler waiting for them and I hear the door rattle

I gasp “Go check who it is Tyler”

“Who?”

“Go look” John opens the door and Blake walks behind him “Who is that?”

Tyler had the biggest smile on “Daddy!” he runs to him. Blake opens his arms waiting for him.

“Hey, buddy! I missed you” I wasn’t gonna say anything but I missed Blake, his touch, his lips, his love. He picks him up and walks to me “Where’s your sister?” He looks at me “Hi”

“Hey” it was kind of awkward, I was holding Emma “She just fell asleep” I whisper to him.

“How are you?” he asks

“I’m good, you?”

“Yeah, good… So I was meaning to ask, you think I could stay here for tonight? I’ll look for a hotel tomorrow.”

“You can stay here if you want. I mean, you came for the kids, I don’t see any reason for to be away from them”

A smile creeps out of him “Can they sleep with me?”

I chuckle “Yes”

“You hear that? We’re gonna stay up all night” he tells Tyler

“No, you’re not”

“Relax, I was kidding”

We hear gasps “Uncle Blake!”

“Hey guys! You’ve gotten big!”

“Yeah, are you staying here?”

“Yep”

“Cool”

“Hi Blake” Kora says entering the room

“Hey, Kora, how are you?”

“I’ve been good and you?”

“Good”

“All right guys, let’s let Blake get settled in” they leave. We go upstairs to guestroom and he puts his suitcases down.

“All right Tyler come on honey” I say

“No!”

“Just until daddy unpacks, come on I have to give you a bath”

“It’s okay, I’ll come back” Blake assures him.

I take Tyler and head to the bathroom to give him a bath while Blake settled in. This was gonna be a hard summer with Blake being here, I know there’s gonna be temptation, and even though I might want to I have to control myself. Tyler was playing with his toys in the bathtub while I gave him a bath and Blake walked in.

“Hey”

I turned my head and smiled “Hey”

“Daddy!”

“You got new tattoos” I had a bun so yep, he saw them.

“Uh, yeah” he sits next to me and starts helping with Tyler.

“You gonna keep getting tattoos?”

“If they’re meaningful”

“Let me see” he touches the back of my neck and begins to stoke it, sending chills and goose bumps, he chuckles “October 31st and December 23rd, nice”