147 (A Mother's Broken Promise)

Kara's P.O.V.

I went back home with Blake but not right away, he went home the next day just like he said he would but I promised him I would go back. Tyler and Emma went with him so I didn't have so much trouble parading around the airport with four kids. It was a hell of a lot easier though, I didn't have to worry about him running around.

He promised me he would get Cynthia out of our lives for good. And that he wouldn't contact Brynn for anything unless it was about Ford. I like the new, old Blake coming back. I really hope it's not temporary and that we get to be as happy as we were before...

The night that he told me the truth and that I told him the truth about how I felt about the baby changed me a lot more than I already have. It brought back memories to me and questions for Blake. He wanted to know what my mother had done to me that would lead to me to hate her so much, after all who hates their own mother?

Sure a lot of kids say they hate their mom, but the don't mean it. They're just mad at the and it passes... I wish that would've been my case....

*Flashback:

"Where are we going mommy?" a seven-year-old me asked,

"Shh it's a surprise, you have to be very quite, okay?"

"Okay"

It was a cold night in December and my mother was taking me to a surprise. The carnaval was on this week and I thought it was gonna be just us. Just me and my mom, having fun on rides, I was so happy even though I made her angry most of the time for reasons I didn't know.

"Are we going to the carnaval?"

"No, it's a secret hideout"

"Ooh, nobody else knows about it?"

"No, this is our little secret okay?" 

"Okay" Oh my, how lucky was I? Only I got to see and keep mommy's secret...

We arrive to a dark, huge abandoned church. It was very creepy, I was a bit scared but my mom was with me so I was gonna be okay. In the movies and cartoon mommies always protect their babies, like the lionesses and mama bears too.

As we begin to enter the abandoned church I grab her hand very tight. I wasn't brave enough like her, all I wanted was to be strong like mommy, but I guess I was too small yet.

"This is scary" I say trembeling a little.

"Okay, close your eyes. Now comes the surprise"

"Okay" I excitedly put my hands over my eyes and press them very tightly so I couldn't peek. I wait for a minute until my mom told me to open then but she never said anything...

"Can I open them now? Mommy?" I open my eyes took for her, and when I spot her she was walking towards the door with chains on her hands. "Mommy?!" I run to her but before I could reach, she shuts the doors and locks it with the chain.

"Mommy where are you going?" I ask peeking through a hole there was on the door. Staring, looking as she walked away.

"Mama!! Mama!! Don't leave me!!" I pounded the door and crying in hysterics, panicking. Here I was, a defenseless 7 year old locked in an abandoned church. Watching as my mother locked and left me here. Why would she do this? What did I do to deserve this?

"Mama!! Please!!" I cry inconsolable. Screaming, shivering, not understanding why I was put here. Am I really that troublemaking and bad of a daughter? 

"Mama please come back!! Don't leave me!! Mama!!"

*************************************

*Present:

"Kara?!"

"What?" I come back from my daze.

"You okay?" my sister Kira asks. "You kind of went to another planet"

"I'm fine" I force a smile.

"What were you thinking about?" Kora asks.

"Oh! Where you thinking about a name for the baby?"

"Kira! Blake told us not to butt in with the names so stop"

"Right, sorry"

I continue to listen to my sisters talk and see how happy they were with their lives. I wasn't as lucky as some people, but I had my brothers to keep me going, and after them my nephews and now my own children and I'll never give up on them the way my mother did...

"What the hell?" Kora exclaimed as she opened a letter.

"What is it?" Kira asks.

"A letter saying... that's impossible" she covers her mouth in disbelief.

"What?"

"It says that they made a mistake in the morgue... that mom isn't dead..."

------------------------------------------------------

Whaaaaaat???? Haha

Btw, did you guys see that buzzer beater last night?!! Woo!! ❤️❤️❤️ I almost peed my pants LOL