193 (Mother and Daughter)

Hi guys! I know it's been SO long and I am sorry. I live in Puerto Rico and I don't know if you guys heard about the hurricane that hit us and the lack of electricity on the island. Finally power has been restored in my hometown and I now have access to wi-fi. I apologize for the delay. But here I leave you with another chapter of the story. I hope you enjoy.

Kara's P.O.V.

"It's my mother."

"What do you mean it your mother? You said she was dead." Blake asks confused.

"I thought she was. But I recognize that voice anywhere, Blake." I get out of the car and carefully go to detective Sanchez, with Blake following.

"What are you doing here? I told you to stay in the car Mrs. Griffin."

"Please don't call me that. And I came 'cause I know who she is. It's my mother." 

"Her dead mother." Blake adds.

"Dead?" Sanchez asks confused.

"Long story short, I thought she died in a car accident. You have to let me talk to her."

"You know I can't let you do that. She thinks your daughter is you, if she sees you it'll only trigger her and that's not what we want."

"She's not gonna listen to you. Not as long as she thinks Maggie is me. Just let me try, please."

"No, I'm sorry. Now go back to the car." He orders.

"I'm not going anywhere without my daughter."

"What does your mother have against you, hmm?"

"We're wasting time." I avoid the question. "And clearly you don't have control of the situation."

"Fine. But if it starts to go south you're done."

"Fine."

"Wait, you're not seriously gonna let her do this." Blake intervenes.

"Blake." I beg.

"No way. What if she does something to her? Or you?"

"I'm not gonna tell her she's my daughter."

"Yeah, like Maggie's not gonna yell 'mommy' as soon as she sees you."

I hesitate. "Do you have a better plan?"

"I wouldn't exactly call this a plan, Kara."

"Then tell me what else to do..."

------------------

"Mom?"

"Get away!"

"Mom it's me, Kara."

"No, this is my Kara. I don't know who you are."

I see Maggie with a terrified look on her face. I couldn't let her call me mom. "It's okay Maggie. We're gonna get you to your back to your daddy, okay?" She was so shocked I barely saw her nod. "Mom you have let the kid go."

"Grandma?" Maggie asks looking up at her.

"What did you say?" Mother looks down.

"She didn't say anything."

"Why did she call me that?!"

"I- no- I don't know. Maggie, sweetie, that's not your grandma, okay? Your grandma is waiting for you at home."

"What is she to you?!"

"Nada!" I said in Spanish. Making sure Maggie didn't understand what I said. I didn't want my daughter to think she meant nothing to me, when in truth she's my world. But I had to say it, if my mother found it she's my mother she'd hurt her just to get to me. "Mom please, she's just a kid. It's me you want, just let her go."

"Why should I?"

"Because she did nothing to you. I'm the one who ruined your life, right? Not her. Let her go."

"No."

"You wouldn't do this to a child. This isn't you."

"You ruined my life."

"Okay, then take it out on me."

"Hey! Get back here!" I hear detective Sanchez loud voice. As I turn my head to follow the voice I see Blake getting closer.

"Stop!" My mother warns. "Who are you?"

"Daddy!" Maggie cries.

"I'm her father. Please, I just want my daughter back."

"Do you know her?" She points at me.

"No, I've never seen that woman before in my life."

"I thought it was you."

"What? What are you talking about?" I ask.

"I saw him on the TV with the girl. I thought it was you, so I looked for him for weeks and when I finally did, I followed him. I was about to go in when she bolted past the door and left it open."

"Okay but it's not me. I'm right here. You heard him, he doesn't know me. The girl has nothing to do with you or me. Mom please, just let her go."

She began crying. I don't know if it was because she was confused or because it wasn't me. But as soon as I saw her letting go of Maggie I didn't care. Maggie ran to Blakes's arms and what seemed to be an eternity of a nightmare, finally came to an end. My daughter was safe and that was all that mattered. It didn't mean I did not have the one question we were all wondering. How the hell is my mother alive?

_____________________________________________________________________

Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed this short chapter. I just wanted to give you guys a little something for the long wait. We will explore on the next few chapter just how Kara's mother is alive and where her relationship with Blake will go. I hope you stick around for it.

Also I've been thinking about making another short story about Blake. I already have some things in mind so if you guys are interested, please let me know.