160 (Parenting)

Kara's P.O.V.

Blake left for his two weeks on the road for games and I went back home with the kids to clear my head and visit my family who I missed so much. I missed home like hell, I never thought I would be so home sick as I was. I went to the beach with the kids and they had fun, all I want is to see them smile.

God I missed the hot sun of this island and the sound of the "coquí" singing at night... a sound you can only here in this beautiful island! Always warm, never cold... Blake called once or twice to talk to the kids, and we would see him play on TV.

"It's just so frustrating" he said over the phone.

"You can't win them all"

"Yeah but a loss like that? Twice?!"

"I'm sorry, maybe you'll do better on Sunday's game."

"Yeah, I hope so... The kids sleeping?"

"Yeah, they're beat. We were at the beach all day and they ran around with their cousins" He laughs over the phone and I got curious to why... "What?" I chuckle.

"Remember when Simon went missing and he was with me eating ice-cream?" he laughs again "Man you were so pissed"

"Yeah well, maybe you'll think twice before taking a kid without asking his parents first"

"The kid said it was okay" a smile creeps out of me as I remembered the event. I can believe I got so far with him... to a point that I gave birth to 5 of his children...

"Mommy?" Tyler walks into the living room with a groggy voice and rubbing his eyes, just like he always does.

"Hey, I got to go, Tyler woke up"

"Put him on"

"Hey honey, daddy's on the phone. You wanna talk to him?" he walked to me kind of dazed.

"You okay?" I worried, he doesn't answer.

"Hi daddy... When are you coming home?" I start to caress his small, father-like face and notice he's hot.

"Jesus honey you're burning up. Come on, let's get you something" I pick him up and go to the bathroom to get the thermometer and then to the kitchen to get him something.

"I don't feel good"

"I know baby, here put this under your tongue" I put the thermometer on his mouth... "Gimme the phone... Hey"

"What's wrong?" Blake asks.

"He's burning up, I think he's catching a fever" the thermo starts to beep and I take it out "Jesus Christ, Blake I gotta go, I have to take him to the hospital"

"What? How bad is it?"

"It's 103"

"Jesus! How can he catch a fever from one day to another like that?!"

"I don't know... I'll call you"

I hang up and let my sisters know I'm taking Tyler to the hospital...

About two hours later we find out he has... chickenpox, great! Thankfully I already had them, but the other kids haven't so it's gonna be hard to keep them all away and Tyler kind of quarantined.

"Hello?" I call Blake.

"Well bad news... your son has chickenpox"

"Shit... And the kids?"

"I'm keeping an eye on them but so far Tyler's the only one"

"What about you? Did you already have them?'