56 (Tyler's B-day)

Kara’s P.O.V.

We were celebrating Tyler’s birthday today since tomorrow was Halloween and Blake had a game. I didn’t want to go to the game but Amber convinced me to, she said she’d help with the kids, so I agreed. It’s been a real long time since I went to a game. I didn’t know if Blake wanted me to go and I didn’t know if I should bring it up. I was decorating the backyard with Ambers help, I go back inside to get the napkins and some cups.

“Hey, you got the cake?” I asked Blake

“Cake? I didn’t order any cake”

“Blake!” I panicked

“I’m kidding! I’m waiting on DJ so we can go pick it up” he gets closer to me and wraps his hand around my waist “Relax, it’s gonna be okay” he pecks my lips.

“Sorry, hormones” I exhale.

“Thank you” he strokes my face with his thumb

“For what?”

“For staying, I missed his first birthday and I don’t wanna miss any more”

“Well then you better behave”

He chuckles “I will”

“All right man, let’s go” DJ tells Blake as he enters the front door. “I’m sorry was I interrupting something?”

“Kinda” I joked

Blake chuckles. “All right I’ll be back later, love you” he says giving me a peck on the lips.

“You too” I respond. They start to leave but Tyler notices.

“Daddy!” he says running to him.

“Come on baby, daddy has to go out for a sec” I say

“Can I go?” he asks.

“I come back quick, kiddo”

“Yeah, come on let’s go play at… the pool” I had to make something up.

“Okay” he runs to the backyard with Amber.

“Let’s go play at the pool?” Blake asks as if that was the best thing I could come up with.

“Whatever, just go get the cake”

“Yes ma’am” he says closing the door behind him.

_________________o___________________

Blake’s P.O.V.

I was going to a friend’s house, Claire, to get Tyler’s cake. I asked in for a favor since it was last minute. When we arrive to her house, there was nobody there, so I call her cell.

“Hello?” she answers

“Hey, where are you?” I ask

“A friend’s house, why?”

“I’m with DJ in front of your house for the cake”

“That was today?” my whole life flashed before my eyes when she said that.

“Please tell me you didn’t forget. Kara will kill me”

“She forgot?!” DJ say on the background.

“Relax, I finished it last night. Monsters Inc. cake right?”

“No!” I hear her laugh at the other end

“Toy Story! I know”

“Yeah” I was more relived now.

“Okay, I’ll be there in 10 minutes”