65 (Meeting Aunt Cynthia)

Kara’s P.O.V.

I brushed my teeth before checking on the kids. Tyler was already awake and I started to breast feed Jake, covered of course.

“Hey baby, grandma’s here” just as I’m telling that to Tyler someone knocks on the door.

“Hi, can I come in?” Gail said whispering.

“Yeah”

“Grandma!” Tyler runs to her

“There’s my boy, she hugs him”

“Hi Kara, how are you?”

“I’m good, how about you?”

“Good… tough job being a mom huh?”

“Yep, but I sure love it” I smile

“We all do” she walks to the crib “So this is Maggie?”

“Yeah”

“She’s so cute, she kind of looks like Blake when he was a baby…You know? I still can’t believe the fact you had twins”

“Yeah it’s kind of weird” my relationship with Gail was great, we had a little stumble at the begging when Blake got shot but we got through it. Now she’s just happy Blake’s finally settling in with a family.

“Taylor and Marieka are on their way and I brought in one of Blake’s aunts for his final game, I hope that’s okay with you”

“Of course” I really didn’t mind, Blake could use all the support he could get.

“Well when you’re done we’ll be downstairs, she really wants to meet you.” She takes Tyler with her.

“Okay” when I’m done feeding Jake I feed Maggie, I love them but they were sucking me dry. As soon as I’m done I head downstairs to meet Blake’s aunt.

“Hi” I smile

“Oh um, Kara this is my aunt Cynthia, aunt Cynthia Kara” Blake introduces us.

“Nice to meet you” I shake her hand

“Wish I could say the same”

“I’m sorry?” I asked confused.

“Okay let’s go have some breakfast!” Blake said. She walks to the kitchen but I just stand there.

“What just happened?” I ask Blake

“She… thinks you’re with me for the money”

“Oh, this is gonna be fun” I said sarcastically.

“Babe, I got practice today, please pretend you like her”

“Are you kidding? Did you hear what she just said? I already don’t like her” I go to the kitchen. We have breakfast and Blake leaves for practice. Gail and Tommy wanted to take Tyler and Emma to the park so I agree to let them go. Unfortunately I was stuck alone with Blake’s aunt but I had the twins to distract me. I was folding the laundry and took out Blake’s clothes for tomorrow’s game while I watch some TV.

“So how old are you?” Cynthia asked sneaking up on me.

“23”

“23 and already with four kids?”

“What can I say? I started early”

“I bet. You know, I heard stories the women can have twin babies from two different men.”

“What are you insinuating?”

“Maybe one of those babies isn’t Blake’s”

“They’re all Blake’s, and I really don’t like your tone. I don’t care who you are, you’re not just gonna come in here and throw accusations that they are not his kids”

“He’ll see one day”

“I have never asked him for anything in the three years we’ve been together. The only thing I’ve asked him is to be a dad and be there for his kids, nothing more!” I was really agitated. Who does she think she is coming into this house and insult me? “I know you don’t want to believe it, but I love your nephew and I would never in my life do anything to hurt him”

“No? Cause that’s kind of a big rock you got on your finger” she points at my hand

“I didn’t ask him to marry me, he did it on his own free will”

“You put pressure on him, you keep having babies”

“You know what? I don’t need this” I take the laundry basket and go upstairs.

“You’re not going to the game tomorrow are you?” she asked hoping I said no.

“Yes, I am. He’s my fiancé and the father of my kids, I’m going to support him” Thankfully I had a seat with Amber so I didn’t have to sit with her. Don’t get me wrong I would’ve loved to sit with Blake’s family but if that woman was gonna be there, I wasn’t.

“You know? You’ll never be good for him. He’s such a wonderful smart boy, but what do you do for a living? He was always attracted to independent women and he’s stuck with you. You know the only reason he’s marrying you is because of those kids cause if not, you would’ve been long gone. You’re bad luck for him, he got shot and then some guy took a knife out on him, all because of you. You’re gonna get him killed.” her words hurt me but I chose to ignore. A few hours later Blake arrives from practice.

“Hey babe”

“Hi” I said sadly.

“You okay?”

“Yeah” I lie and fake a smile. I wanted to say something but he was right. He doesn’t need this kind of drama with playoffs, especially game 7 being tomorrow.

“You sure? You don’t look okay”

“I’m just tired… from last night” I chuckle lightly. He turns me around to face him and wraps his arms around my waist.

“Yeah? You ready for round 2 tonight?”

“We are not having sex with people staying here… Besides you need to rest for tomorrow.”

He smiles “How did I get so lucky with you?”

“I don’t know” I exhale and put my head on his chest.

“You know we’ve know each other for a long time”

“Yes we have”

“So you should know by now I know when something’s up with you”

“Nothing is up Blake”

“She gave you a hard time?” he asks

“Yes”

“Don’t let her get to you”

“I won’t” but she already did. “You ready for tomorrow?”

“Yes ma’am. You’re going right?”

“Yeah but I don’t know if I should just take Tyler and leave Emma and the twins with a sitter”

“Maybe just Tyler, Brynn’s going with Ford so… they’ll have some time together?”

“Why is Brynn going?”

“She’s taking Ford”

“Yeah but why does she have to be there? Why can’t she just leave him with you--- I’m sorry, I’ll just leave Tyler with your mom. I’m sitting with Amber either way so…”

“Yoo-hoo, Blake? Can you help me with something?” Cynthia walks in.

“Was she eavesdropping?” I whisper to Blake.

“Yeah, I’ll be right there aunt Cynthia”

“God I can’t wait for her to leave”

“Kara” Blake warned. I look at Cynthia and she gives me a wicked smile. I can’t help but wonder what the hell she’s planning on telling Blake…