190 (I Can Hear The Bells)

Kara's P

Kara's P.O.V.

As I get ready with my sister for the wedding I could help but think back to my wedding with Blake... I felt like it was such a long time ago.

"You ready?" Kira asks.

"Nervous... I hate weddings." I answer.

"Then why are you here?"

"Cause I promised, I don't know why."

"Well, I'm glad I finally get to see my big sis."

"Sorry. It's pretty hard to travel with five kids."

"Yeah, I know... You ever think about moving back?"

"I want nothing more than to move back here. But I can't just take the kids form their father. I just feel..."

"Stuck?"

"Yeah."

"Hi, we have a problem... She's having cold feet." A bridesmaid walks in and rush to the other room.

"Monica? Hey, what's going on?" I ask.

"I don't think I can do this." She paces around the room.

"What? Of course you can." Kira assures. 

"How do you know? How do I  know? What if he's not the one?"

"I'm sure he is." Another bridesmaid says.

"How did you know Blake was the one for you, Kara? I mean, you've been together for 7 years. Any secrets for the happiness?"

"Oh I don't think she's the best example for this." Kira opens her mouth.

"Why?!"

"Because..." I start before Kira opens her mouth again. "Blake's not here... I can't make an example... Look Monica, I had cold feet too. I wanted to run out and not look back. I was scared, thinking the exact same things. But I couldn't speculate about the future. If I did, I never would've been happy. I knew at that moment that I loved him. He was the forever I wanted... and I risked it. And here we are... 7 years later." I fake a smile.

"Yeah but there were rumors about the two of you. That you left him and stuff."

"All rumors." I lie giving a death glare to the bridesmaid. "Monica, do you love him?"

"Yes."

"Then marry him."

"Yeah, there's always divorce if things don't work out." Yet another bridesmaid opes her mouth.

"Oh my God, really? Callate."

"Okay. I'll marry him."

"Great! Then let's go, we have a wedding to get to." We help her clean up and off we are to the reception.