29

“What are you doing here?” I ask her angry

“What does it look like? Just because he chose you does not mean I’m gonna stop” she said in a cocky tone

“Are you kidding me? Get out of here”

“Why? You should be the one leaving, he doesn’t even remember you… Must be sad”

“Kate, you can’t be here” Chris said grabbing her arm and pulling her out of the room. “Sorry Kara”

“It’s okay”

“Mommy?” I hear Tyler calling

“It’s okay baby, come here” he comes to me a little scared.

“What was that about?” Blake asked, memories from the night he told me about her came back. I was so pissed I didn’t respond, I was just finding my breath. “Did I cheat on you with her?”

“Almost… I mean I don’t know, you said almost. No one know what really happened except… her now I guess”

“Sorry if I did”

“Uh… yeah, I should--- we should go”

“Dada?” Tyler says pointing at Blake

“No baby daddy’s not coming with us today” the whole situation hurt, but it hurt me more because of the kids “We’ll come back tomorrow”

Blake nods “Yeah, bring some pictures of us of something. Just to see…”

“Okay”

I go home, put the kids to sleep and start to cry on the bed. I try to think of ways to help him remember but nothing came to mind. I guess all I could do was show him pictures and hope for the best.

**Next day later:

The doctor decided to keep Blake for one more night, I stayed with him all day while Gale and Tommy looked after the kids. I showed him pictures and even some videos of us with the kids. He seemed to remember some stuff, he even kissed me. It was good news for all of us…

“So Kate, bad news?” Blake asked me

“Yes, very bad news”

“I still can’t remember what happened”

“It’s okay”

“I have to tell you another thing… Brynn came with the other baby, that’s okay right?”

I chuckle “Of course it’s fine, he’s your son. I wouldn’t keep you from him”

“Yeah but, there’s not like a Kate problem with her right?”

“No, no problem with her” I stroke his head.

“It’s weird… I feel like I know you, but I don’t”

I give him a smile “It’ll come”

“Yeah, at least I remember some stuff… that’s good”

____________________o____________________

Blake’s P.O.V.

Kara came the next day with some pictures and videos. Some things came back in a flash, even of us but I didn’t want to tell her, I didn’t want to get her hopes up. I was starting to have feelings for her like I never felt before for anyone. I really wish I could remember everything and felt what I felt for them.

It was still hard to take in the fact that I had kids. Last thing I remember I was 21 with no kids and living life. How was I supposed to feel when I thought I was in Greece and wake up in L.A.? I wanted to know more about her so I sit next to her and kept asking her stuff

“So how did we meet?”

“You were on vacation in Puerto Rico and you went to our bar, I had blood all over my face cause I hit a rock surfing and then we kept running into each other”

“You sure you weren’t following me?” I asked joking

“Positive… I tried to avoid you every chance I got. I didn’t even want to go out with you. I didn’t even want to love you”

“How did you fall for me?”

“I honestly have no idea, I just did. I guess you can’t choose who you fall in love with” she said almost to herself.

“So you didn’t want to go out with me… How did I get you to change your mind?”

She smiled “You didn’t… You and my brother made a stupid deal that if you won a basketball game I would go out with you. My idiot brother accepted the dead without ever asking me and you being you, well… you obviously won”

“Not such an idiot then, is he?”

She laughs lightly “No”

“What did we do?”

“We went for ice cream with my sisters kids”

“Well that’s not fair, you can’t call that a date” I was begging to have an urge to kiss her

“It wasn’t a date… we just… went out” the last words she said slowly as I was closing in for the kiss. Our lips connected, I could see the love she had for me in her eyes, but I was hoping the kiss would help me remember something.

“So um… tell me about your family” I ask and she chuckles “What?” I ask.

“It just feels like the same day we had this conversation. Except… you know, no ice cream or park… I was 20 when we met, you were 23… 21 when I got pregnant---”

“How did you get pregnant? I mean--- you know what I mean”

That is a long story” she says looking at the floor

“Well hey, I got a lot of time in my hands”

She chuckles lightly “Well long story short, it was at my brother’s wedding, which was also your birthday. You got in a fight and I got mad at you because you made a scene there”

“Why did I hit the guy?”

“You thought I was gonna marry him cause of some rumors you heard. We actually weren’t together, you were in L.A. cause your season was starting and at the same time the whole Brynn thing got to me and I thought you lied about no knowing about it and I ignored every call you made, which apparently made you fly back.”

“Wait… I didn’t know Brynn was pregnant?”

“Nope, she just went to your house with a baby in her arms, so you told”

“Damn… So what about the little one?”

“Also conceived on your birthday”

“And Tyler was born on October cause of the accident”

“Yeah, scariest day of my life”

“Yeah, mine too. I remember running out of the game… But that’s it, at least he’s okay”

Someone knock on the door and when they open it was the doctor

“Ma’am? Are you staying tonight?” he asks

“Oh, no I have to get the kids… I’ll see you tomorrow?” she asks me

“Yeah, sure” I say and she walks off… I proposed to this woman but I was nervous I wasn’t going to remember her, I can’t marry her if I don’t love her…