153 (Three Kings Day)

Blake's P.O.V.

On New Year's Eve I hosted a little New Year's party. It was fun and I kept my promise to Kara, I didn't get drunk. Yesterday was relaxing and fun, just at home with Kara and the kids... couldn't have wished for anything better.

I was on the living room watching TV until Kara walks in...

"Hey babe, I asked Mrs. Anderson to babysit Tyler and Emma while we go shopping for toys"

"Who's Mrs. Anderson?" I ask confused.

"Our next door neighboor"

"You talk to our next door neighboor?" 

"I gotta talk to someone around here, otherwise I'd lose my head"

"What about me? You can talk to me..."

"You're not always around babe"

"Right..." I feel a bit hurt "...why do we need to buy toys for again?"

"Para los Tres Reyes Magos" she answers.

"The what mango?"

She laughs. "Not mango, magos... You know, the Three Wise Kings?"

I stay confused.... looked at her strange.

"January 6th, they leave toys for kids..."

"Yeah we don't do that here"

"Well I do so... let's go"

"Oh come on Kara, it's my last free day and you want to go shopping for a little meaningless holiday?"

"It's not meaningless"

"Yes it is... Nobody cares about three kings walking around in camels, it's not exciting"

"Stop" she says looking hurt "It's our custom, I was raised that way, please don't make a mock out of it"

"I'm sorry I didn't... I didn't mean to offend you"

"I understand you weren't raised that way, but I was and they're my kids too. I want them to have this experience"

"I know, I shouldn't have disrespected you like that...Why now? After four years"

She chuckles and shakes her head "You haven't noticed have you?"

"Noticed what?"

"This is the first time we've been together in a New Year"

"No it's not"

"Yes it is... We were either broken up or you were in some other state playing... I was always home on Christmas and New Year's"