52 (Brithday) part 2

Kara’s P.O.V.

I didn’t want to be engaged again, the last time we got engaged everything went upside down. I honestly wanted to cry, I love him but I just wasn’t ready.

“Blake I can’t---”

“Wait” he stops me “I’m not asking you to marry me right now. It can be in 10 years, it can be when we’re 50, I just wanna marry you someday. So what do you say?” I don’t know why I don’t want to get married, but the fact that he was willing to wait got me. So I nod, tell him yes and kiss him. “Hey buddy she said yes!” he yelled at Tyler.

“Yay!” he yells back

I gasp. “You used our kids as props”

He smirks “I needed the help”

“Yeah?” I start to laugh. Tyler comes back to us and sits on my lap “Did you know about this?” I ask Tyler

“Yes” he giggles

“You naughty boy” I start to tickle him and he giggled even more.

“Oh wait, where’s the flower?” Blake asks

“Here” I give it to him and he takes out the ring. He blows on it to take out whatever pollen had on it and puts it on my finger.

“I guess I liked it”

“What?” I asked super confused

“You know… If you liked it then you should’ve put a ring on it” he sings and I just burst out laughing.

“You did not just sing that!” I laugh again

“What?” he laughs too

“You gotta promise me something though” I was serious now

“Anything”

“Promise me you’ll be more affectionate in public, with the kids, not me.”

“What do you mean?”

“I understand you like to play it tough out there, like nothing bothers you or like you don’t care. You always walk in front, you never hold my hand, and that’s okay, I get it. You don’t like to show your feelings in public, but do it for the kids”

“Kara what does it matter what a magazine’s going to say?”

“I don’t care about the magazines Blake. I care about our kids… how do you think they’ll feel if you only show affection in private and when you’re out there you won’t even hold their hand?” he doesn’t say anything “I don’t care about the magazines, I don’t care about me because I understand that, but the kids don’t. So please, try to change that a little”

“I promise” he smiles

“Thank you” I smile back

“Anything for my baby mama” he kisses me

“Stop, don’t say that” I give him a small punch on his shoulder and he laughs.

“Wanna go back and tell everybody the good news?”

“Do I have to tell them? Can’t they find it out in their own? I mean what am I supposed to tell them? He guys, I got re-engaged? But don’t get excited I don’t know when I want to get married yet!

“It’ll be okay babe” he gives me a kiss on the cheek. We decide to go back home, I wasn’t feeling very well.

**At home:

“You guys made pasta again?” I ask my sisters

“Yeah, we all know how much you love pasta” Kira says turning around and looks at me squinting “What is that?” she points at my hand

“What?” I tried to act like I didn’t know

“Oh my God!” she yells “That’s a ring, that’s a ring!!” she runs to me and hugs me

“Okay, I can’t breathe”

“That’s was the surprise?” she asks

“Oh, what the hell Blake?!” Kora says and we all looked at her confused. “Now our gifts will look like crap” I laugh

“Relax Kora, you know I don’t care about that stuff”

“Yes! Congratulations” Kira say excited.

“Thank you” I respond

We celebrate my birthday, we eat, they sing and the kids play. Kora bought me a purse, Kira a bracelet and John a shirt, we play a lot of board game, I loved board games.

“Thank you guys”

“I got another gift” Kira says and runs to her room to get it, when she comes back she opens it and it was a shirt for the baby saying: Aunt Kira is my favorite aunt. We laugh and continue to have a good time. When we were done we give the kids a bath and put them to sleep for their nap, it wasn’t night yet.

“You feeling better?” Blake asks rubbing my back

“Yeah, thanks”

“I got you some ice cream” he gives me a chocolate flavored ice cream

“Mm, my favorite” I kiss him

“Wanna watch a movie” he asks

“Sure” we go watch some TV while we eat the ice cream, I get startled when I hear Kora close the back door real loud. “You okay?” I ask

“I can’t find Thomas” she says about to crack in tears

“What?!” I shot up “What happened?”

“We had a fight because he would give something to Simon. I think he ran away”

“Nothing” John says coming in. Kora grabs her phone to call Kyle I believe.

“Kyle, has Thomas called you?”… “He ran away!”… “Don’t tell me to calm down!”… “Just let me know if you hear anything” she hangs up and turn her attention to me “Kara, you used to run away, where would you go?”

“I don’t know, I usually just wanted to be alone”

“I’m gonna go check the lake, let me know if he comes back, please”

“I’ll call Carlos” Kira says going outside. I couldn’t believe this! Was he crazy?! Where would he go?! I was heartbroken and terrified, I understood Kora I would be crazy if my son ran away too. He’s just a kid and the sun was gonna set soon, we have to find him before it gets dark…