181 (We Need To Talk)

Kara's P.O.V.

"Daddy hit me." Tyler cried.

"He what?!"

"It hurts." He sobs.

"It's okay." I rub where he's hurting... "Can you keep an eye on him?" I ask my sister.

"Sure. Hey, Kar? Go easy on him... He's not mom."

Go easy on him? I don't think I can do that. I mean, what reason can he have to hit him like that? I go inside to find him and I see the kids on the play room, alone!! I didn't like asking people for help, but I go to my sister again and ask her to keep an eye on them too. I finally get upstairs and call out for Blake until I find him in his trophy room.

"Why the hell did you hit Tyler?!" There was glass everywhere.

"He knocked down my "Rookie Of The Year" award."

"What?!" I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah! I mean you gotta be fucking kidding me, right?"

"You hit our son over a stupid trophy?!! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"He shouldn't be here, Kara!"

"Then lock the damn door! Look at this one!" I gran one of the trophies. "I might just throw it! You gonna hit me too?!!"

"Put it down, Kara. Or I swear to God-"

"What?! What are you gonna do?"

"Don't provoke me!! Put the damn trophy down." He orders and I wanted to let go of it so bad but I didn't. I place it down where it was and grab a glass from the floor.

"This is what you hit our son for. I piece of glass that means nothing!!"

"They have meanings!"

"Oh really? To who?! No one even sees these, Blake! Just you! And for what?! To feed your damn ego?!! God, you're just like Kevin."

"Don't you dare fucking compare me to that piece of shit!!" He yells.

"You basically did the same thing! He hits him over some shoes and you hit him over a stupid trophy!"

"He's my son, not his!"

"So that gives you the right to bet him?!!"

"Beat him?! I just spanked him, Kara! God, you're so dramatic! He's not gonna turn like you over one spank!!"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."

"No, finish."

"Nothing, Kara! Either help me clean this up or leave so I can finish!"

"You hit him like that again and we're gone." I tell him before I'm about to walk out.

"Oh, stop with the threats, okay?!"

"I'm not threatening, Blake. I'm warning you." I step out. "Okay kids, come on. We're leaving."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Blake keeps me from going downstairs and grabs my arm tightly, pulling me back to the trophy room. "What do you think you're doing? You're not taking the kids from me again."

"I'm taking them out for ice-cream."

"Yeah, that's your story. You're not going anywhere!" His grip gets tighter.

"Blake, let me go..." Memories flush by as his grip gets even tighter, taking me back to a dark place... "Eric, stop!" I yell. Blake quickly loosens his grip and lets me go.