Therapy with a twist

"So, I understand there's something you wanted to tell me about your dreams?"
Nyx was back in the therapists office. She knew she had been eager to talk to her again, but now she was here, she couldn't wait to leave. The lady was still unbelievably smiley, it irritated Nyx so much. The room was insipid and boring, but extremely warm. And there was the smell. A sharp metallic undertone beneath the overused air freshener, like old blood. It was turning Nyx's stomach, making her want to retch.

"Uh... Yeah." It was hard to concentrate, the warmth of the warmth was making her mind wander. Or maybe that was asphyxiation- the air freshener was that heavy in the air.
"Yeah. I... I did the trying to create a doorway thing, and it kind of worked. It took me into this other dream, which started off quite nice, but then quickly changed and got scary again. But, on the positive side," she smiled weakly. "I haven't had any nightmares since. This was like four-five days ago, and I haven't had a nightmare since then!"

"That is good news." The lady said, voice surprisingly monotone. Nyx raised an eyebrow. "That's all the reaction I get? Miss, are you sure you're okay? You don't quite seem yourself today."

The lady put on a strange smile. It was definitely fake, but not in a 'I'm-trying-not-to-kill-you-for-your-irritating-jokes' way, but a 'I'm-trying-to-smile-normally-but-I'm-not-used-to-it' way.
The effect was unnerving.
"Yes dear, I'm fine. It's just a bit stuffy in here, that's all. Now dear, tell me about this new dream."
"Why?" Nyx was now really unnerved. "You never made me do that before."
"Just tell me!"
Nyx looked her defiantly in the eye. Then defiance turned to fear and she screamed.