Dreams of a Guardian

Well, maybe not exactly her grown up self. More like, her grown up self if she had perfect skin, brushed hair and the ability to glow.
But the eyes, the eyes were definitely the same. They shifted as the woman talked, each colour being the only hint towards her emotions.
"Hello Alysha. What has he done to you? Your traumatized, child. I wish I could take the pain away, but I can't. So instead I'm going to tell you to use it. Use the pain. Let it make you strong. Your a strong girl, aren't you, Alysha?"

Nyx felt her young self nod in agreement.
The woman smiled, a beautiful smile, beaming with a light of its own. "Of course you are. You have the best traits of them all, haven't you? And then there's how you were born... yes, you're a very special girl. And I have a special job for my special girl. Do you think you can do it?"

"What's in it for me?"
Nyx felt like laughing. Even at four she was a right madam.

The woman laughed, a tinkling sound. "For now, a home. A new home. Somewhere safe. In doing this for me, you will make sure no one like... that man... can find this place again. He may have the map, but you've got the key. Now, that crystal there," she gestured to a large crystal across from them. "That'll take you somewhere I know you'll be safe."
The woman chuckled again, musing to herself. "Oh, the irony. Lucifer's daughter guarding my creation. This is just so... artistically delicious."
She leant forwards and pressed her hand to Nyx's brow. She gazed deep into her eyes.
"Look at that. You have my eyes. Now run child, leave this place. I'll make sure Valentine Morgenstern will never find you. Never fear, the Guardian is protecting you."
Nyx ran. Through the crystal, sinking into it like water.
Through the crystal, to a young woman, wishing beyond wishing she could have a child, but can't because of who she is.
A woman wishing she could be a mother.
A woman named Rachel.