Mothers meeting

Rachel stared at Lady Mater in shock. "What's that supposed to mean?"
Lady Mater looked away, searching for words. "It means... it means that... she's my daughter too. I'm her birth-mother and I love her more than anything. I didn't know if I would, but... I do."
She smiled weakly, tears running down her face. "You are an amazing mother, Rachel, and I know that she'll never see me like she sees you, but she's so happy, and that makes me so happy. Thank you for looking after her and loving her when I couldn't. Thank you."

Isabelle turned to Lady Mater, confusion on her face. "If you love her so much, why did you give her up?"
"I didn't want to. She was stolen from me. She was born... different from others. I have no idea how she ended up with Rachel, but it's better than what could have happened."
Rachel nodded, still trying to process the information. "Actually, there's still a four year gap between her being born and arriving on my doorstep that I know nothing about. And then there's the nightmares. She's not as together as it seems. She's on four lots of potions for her mental stability alone, If she looses it, she really looses it."

"... What exactly do you mean by looses it?" Asked Clary.
"Let's just say there's a reason she's homeschooled. Where I can keep an eye on her."
Another rumble ripped through the cavern, loud as thunder.
Rachel turned to the others. "Okay, we need to get Maddie out of here." She gestured to Jace and Alec. "You two, you think you can carry her?"
They nodded.
Rachel handed Clary the baby. "You take her, and look after her with your life."
She turned to Izzy. "You can come with me or go with them, your choice."
Finally, to Lady Mater. "Evelyn, you're with me. we're going to get our daughter back."