Aftershock

The shadowhunters showed up not long after.
"It's always you, isn't it?" Commented Jace when he saw Nyx on the scene. Nyx was too sad to retort, her eyes on a slow leak as she cradled the body of the girl.
The older shadowhunter lady came over to Nyx, spoke softly to her. "We need you to let her go now. We have to take her away." Nyx pulled Abigail's body close, oblivious anything except the little girl.
She wished she could have saved her. She would have given anything to have been able to save her.
But instead, finally, she had to let her go.

Maddie put an arm around her sobbing friend. "It's okay, it's okay. The others have decided you should come back with us, just so we can check you're okay, since you touched her and... Well, you might need a new t-shirt at least."
Nyx looked down at herself. Black blood painted her torso. She could see what they meant.

Once again reminded of Abigail, she began to cry. A different arm wrapped around her, pulling her close. Selene rubbed Nyx's shoulder, comforting her. "Sssh, don't cry, you did all you could, it's not your fault. Ssssh."

Nyx was back in the infirmary. And god, it was depressing. She sat there next to Selene, just thinking. Thinking about everything.
Maddie rushed in. She handed Nyx a black t-shirt. "Try this on for size. Oh, and you may be getting a blood test. They're testing the blood from the werewolf and the... their testing the blood now and want to check you're not contaminated or anything."
"Okay." Nyx whispered, subdued. She took the shirt from Maddie and went into the bathroom to change. Peeling off her shirt, she felt her body erupt in a itchy, burning sensation. She looked down at herself, and screamed.
"Maddie!"