Revelation

Lilith circled them, an evil glint in her eye. Nyx nudged Alec. "Shouldn't you be doing something?"
Alec whispered back. "No weapons. What do you want me to do, throw a shoe at her?"
"Depends, would it help?"

Maddie yelped in pain once again, clutching her stomach. On the floor, Lady Mater, if that was even her real name, groaned unconsciously.
Lilith came to a stop in front of Nyx. She reached out a hand, as if to stroke Nyx's face. Nyx reeled back, shock and disgust written on her face.
Lilith laughed cruelly. "I like you. You've got character. You obviously know your mind and I'll wager you don't listen to anyone. Little Alysha, so independent. Your mothers must be very proud."
"Okay, I'm just gonna say... huh? What on earth are you on about, lady?" Said Nyx, raising her eyebrows.
Alec nudged her again. "Word of advice. Don't sass the mother of demons."
Lilith chuckled again. "Oh, it's alright. I told you, I like her." She extended a hand to Nyx. "Come, we need to have some girl talk."
She grabbed Nyx's arm, marching her a little way away.

Nyx pulled away, crossed her arms. "You must be crazy if you think I'm going anywhere with you. And drop the over-friendly act, it only worked when you were Lady Mater. Just say what you have to say."
"I want to make a deal with you."
Nyx blinked. That was not what she'd been expecting.
She narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "What deal?"
"Someone very important to me is dead."
"I'm sorry to hear that. What's it got to do with me?"
"I'm assuming by now you know the story of the Guardian and Jonathan Shadowhunter?"
"Uh... yeah..." Nyx's heart skipped a beat. "You want... but the Guardian's dead! You're about a bazillion years too late to attempt what I think your trying to attempt!"