Lucidity

It was dark. And cold. And lonely. Something dripped, the sound both distant and nearby, echoing through the black.
Her body burned all over, raw, aching flesh decorated her limbs in bracelets of pain.
Torn skin and muscle peeled down her back, sending agonizing spikes through her body every time she moved.
She could feel her heart racing, feel herself hyperventilating.

No way out. No escape.

"Then why don't we make one?"

Her own voice echoed through the darkness, clear as day, though she knew she hadn't spoken. It continued.

"We could make one. An escape. We did the first time."

The first time. What first time? Not the first dream, she would have remembered that. Then what did it mean?

Vaguely, almost dreamlike, she remembered the conversation with the therapist lady about lucid dreaming. The possibility of creating an escape with a thought.

"We've done it before. This times even easier. This time we have no barriers to cross. This time reality can't affect us."

"Yes."
Nyx felt something twist in her gut. Her powers.
But this time, they didn't hurt. This time, she didn't feel like she had to hold on for dear life, as if they could get away from her at any moment.
This time, she let them flow freely.

Silver light burst through the dark, shining like a star from heaven.
A doorway out of the night.

Slowly, she got up, and walked out of her own, personal hell.

Is it good? I completely wrote the whole thing on impulse. I hadn't got a clear plan for this particular bit.
Definitely intriguing though, right? (And a bit spooky!)