Impossible

The man was confused. He looked at her blood test results once again.
That wasn't possible.
That just didn't happen.
And that should have killed her.
Nyx L'ange was a very special girl indeed.
And it wasn't necessarily a good thing.
Swiftly, the man grabbed the phone, dialling numbers.
First, the Clave.
Then, the New York institute.
This was impossible.
She was impossible.
And possibly in great danger.

Rachel got a call. "Yes, uh huh, yes, okay. I'll be there."
She set down the phone. "Nyx, I have to go. Nick, Selene and Travis are out, so it'll just be you and Maddie, okay? I trust you can look after yourselves."
Nyx rolled her eyes. "No, Mum, we're going to go on a mass killing spree through all MacDonald's within a thousand miles. After that, we're going to torture orphans and set fire to family pets." She smiled innocently.
Maddie snorted, rubbing her swollen belly. "Which translates as we'll be playing on the boys Xbox all afternoon, binging on chocolate and attempting to make cake."
Rachel frowned. "Actually, I don't know which sounds worse. Behave, alright?"
"Yes, Mum."

After Rachel had closed the door, Maddie turned to Nyx "Chocolate or Xbox?"
Nyx grinned cheerily, her eyes seeming to be far away in thought. "Both. But first I need to try something. Can you draw?"
Maddie shrugged. "Not well. Why?"
Nyx rubbed her forehead, closing her eyes for a minute. "I may be barking completely up the wrong tree, but I need to check something. Do you know the story of the Caves of Reflections?"
Maddie rolled her eyes. "I thought we were past this. Okay, I don't know. But now I'm curious. Go on, if you want to fill me in..."

Okay, for the next part, I need a shadowhunter.
So, who do you want? I can't decide. Not Maddie though.