Chapter 76- Caught

"Joe I don't have any makeup to cover up the marks you left on my neck" I gently rubbed my finger over the dark hickeys.
"Don't you have any of that foundationy thing?" He asked adjusting his tie.
"No, I only have Mascara, eye shadow and lip gloss.." I bit my lip trying to think of an idea on how to cover up the love bite.
"Don't you have any eyeshadow in your shade?"
"No, I only have silver, gold and bronze"
"Well I don't know then.."
"Everyone's gonna see them! Why couldn't you have done them further down"
"Don't worry I've noted it."
"Come on we have to go or we'll be late" we got in an uber that was going to drop us off at the place Gleam had rented out for everyone.
"Wow it's giant..."
"Like something else you know" Joe winked at me and I scoffed.
"I'm kidding"
"Mhmm sure.." We got inside and got our room number. The rooms had everything you could want in them. Foods, drinks anything and everything. There was a bloody hot tub in the back.
"Are you still sure you're okay with the party tonight? I know it's not your thing"
"I'll be fine...can you stay with me though?"
"Yeah baby of course" Joe kissed the top of me head and guided me outside to the first area of the night, a cute garden with a pool in the center.

Me, Joe, Alfie, Zoe, Conor and Jack sat at a large round table eating dinner. 

"So, Hazel. I see your love marks" Alfie casually brought up. Everyone broke into laughter but me and Joe. I blushed and tried to move my hair in front of my neck to cover it up. Conor and Jack pretended to be me and Joe fake making out. 

"Guys, stop!" Joe hit his friends arms who burst into laughter. 

Later into the night Joe said he needed the loo so he left me, slightly tipsy by this point. I didn't want to stop him drinking tonight I mean what's the point? Everyone is. I didn't because there might have been a baby in me and I hate alcohol anyway. About 10 minutes later I was starting to get worried. Joe is always back within a few minutes. I heard people's ooh's and awe's as they surrounded the lit up pool. They had their vlogging cameras whipped out filming the pool. I slowly got through the crowd to see my fiance balancing on an inflatable flamingo. "Joe.." I sighed under my breath. He was totally drunk now. I backed out of the crowd and back to the table. I was proud of myself for managing to not have a full on panic attack so far. I mean I had freaked out a bit it was no where near as bad as a full panic attack. I sat down and got out my phone. I quickly text Zoe a help text. 

To: Zoe - Can you help me? Joe is drunk and I don't know what to do X

From: Zoe - Yeah of course. I presume you're back at the table, me and Alf are on our way, be careful with the crowds X

To: Zoe - I will, thank you X

A few minutes later I saw Zoe and Alfie coming towards me. 

"Hey!" Zoe chirped as she sat at the table with me. "What's happening at the pool?"

"Joe..he's on a flamingo" 

"What?" Alfie asked laughing. "I gotta go vlog this" I looked down at the table. 

"Do you drink?" I asked Zoe.

"Nah, I don't see the point"

"Same, I actually despise it.." A few minutes later I heard Joe's slurred words as he waddled to the table. The slurs brought back awful memories that I tried to push away. 

"Oh Joe...Come on let's get you to your room" Zoe helped her brother taking one of his arms and I took the other. "You need to stop getting drunk at these parties. You're lucky we're here otherwise this could've ended badly. 

"Yeah well fsfhifhiohbc  akbo" The rest of his sentence was a pile of useless sounds. We got back to the room and tucked him into one of the beds. I thanked Zoe then got into my pjs before getting in the other bed. 

That night I couldn't sleep because It didn't feel right not having Joe's arms wrapped around me all night, keeping me safe and warm...

A/n: HELLO, I go back to the hell tomorrow (school) rip. 

QOTC: Favourite smell?

QOTC: I like cherry smelling candles and christmas scented stuff. I like the smell of grass when it's been raining as well though irl. 

ILY x