Egg Hunt Disaster

Maya's POV

I wake up on Easter morning to my daughter jumping on my bed. I open my eyes and turn around to look up at her.

"Yes?" I ask playfully as I look up to find Riley standing in the doorway with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Mommy made me come wake you up" Kaleigh informs me as she sits beside me on the bed. "She said you can't sleep Easter away or the bunny will get mad."

"I see" I reply as I sit up and look at my wife smiling in the doorway. "It's not polite to lie to our kid" I point out as I climb out of bed and walk over to her.

"You'll forgive me" she smiles as she pecks my lips quickly before turning around. "Come on we have an egg hunt to start" she smirks as my heart sinks.

Crap. I knew there was something I forgot to do last night before I went to bed.

"They must be hidden outside" Riley says as she slips on her shoes. "Kay go get your flip flops" she instructs her as she runs off.

"Riles" I say as I grab her wrist to get her attention. "The bunny may have forgotten to hide eggs" I confess as her eyes widen.

"How could you forget? I left our room to tell you I was putting her to sleep and told you to go hide the eggs."

"I know" I sigh, "but I got distracted."

"Seriously? This is Easter Maya" she exclaims.

"I know. The most important holiday of the year. I'm sorry" I apologize quickly. "What are we gonna do?"

"I'm ready" Kaleigh announces. "Mommy why do you look mad?" she asks confused as she looks up at Riley.

"I'm not mad" she assures her. "Just. Give mommy and mama a second" she adds as she pulls on my hand and leads me into the foyer. "I could call Lucas."

"We're gonna steal Stella's egg hunt?" I laugh as she sighs.

"Any other suggestions?"

"No" I reply defeated as she pulls out her phone to dial our best friend. Our best friend who lived across the street.

"Mama are we going to find eggs or not?" Kaleigh asks as she walks up next to me.

"Um" I stutter as Riley hangs up the phone.

"We're hunting with Stella. Come on princess" Riley smiles as she holds out her hand for Kaleigh to take.

"Okay" she sighs as she takes Riley's hand and follows her out the door.

*************************************************************************************

"She's never gonna forgive me" I sigh making Lucas laugh as we watch Stella and Kaleigh bounce around the yard. Lucas had a girlfriend in college, they slipped and Stella happened. The mom was less than interested in being a mom so Lucas had full custody of the adorable kid.

"She's Riley. Of course she will" he argues.

"This is bunnies Lucas" I remind him making him laugh as he nods his head.

"And you're Maya" he reminds me. "That girl couldn't stay mad at you even if she wanted to."

"Mama I found one" Kaleigh exclaims as she comes up to me.

"I see that" I smile as I take it from her hand. "Is it for me?"

"No" she smiles. "Give it to mommy so she stops being mad" she insists making Lucas laugh beside me.

"Smart kid" he smirks as I slap him playfully.

"Thanks baby girl" I smile as I kiss the top of her head. "Now go find more eggs than Stella."

"You're a bitch" Lucas teases making me smile as I kiss his cheek.

"Love you too Ranger Rick" I smile as I stand up and walk over to Riley. "Hey."

"Hi" she replies as she looks at me.

"Riles come on. I'm really sorry I forgot."

"I know you are but you know how I feel about Easter" she replies defensively.

"I know" I smile. "Don't you remember?" I smirk as I hand her the egg. "It's how I asked you to be mine forever" I remind her as she holds the egg.

"I remember" she blushes. "Chocolate" she smiles as she opens the egg. "You know I forgive you" she says as she looks up at me.

"Good because Kaleigh gave that egg to me so that's my chocolate" I tease as I pluck the candy from her hand.

"I'll kiss you if you give it back" she smiles.

"Cheater" I laugh as I lean in to kiss her.