Don't Leave Me

Maya's POV

It's been a few weeks since my world came crashing down on top of me.

Since I found out that Riley would be moving all the way across the globe for her mom's new job. I was beyond heartbroken not that I could show exactly how heartbroken.

Me and my five best friends are sitting in Topanga's just like always, all of us discussing the Facetime schedule so that we could all have equal time with Riley, not that I was planning to adhere to it in the slightest.

"You okay?" Farkle asks, leaning over to me.

"Hm?" I ask, bringing my attention to him. "Oh yea" I shrug, "fine. I'm going to get some more ice cream" I add as I stand up and head to the back room.

I didn't want just another cone, I was in need of a tub. I find a tub of chocolate, grab it and stick a spoon in it, taking a large bite.

"Yea you look fine" Farkle teases, leaning against the wall. "You tell her yet?"

"Tell her what?" my mouth full of ice cream.

"Um that you love her."

"She knows that" I reply as my best friend shakes his head.

"I've been in love with Smackle for over a year Maya, I know the look."

"She's moving Farkle. She has Lucas."

"She loves you" he says seriously. "You both are just way too stubborn to admit it."

"Farkle just drop it" I beg. He sighs and nods allowing me to continue to drown in my ice cream.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"I don't wanna go" Riley cries, standing in the middle of the airport, holding onto me for dear life.

"I wish you could stay" I admit.

"Um Maya, you're hogging my girlfriend" Lucas complains. I sigh, letting her go as her flight is called.

"Riley honey we gotta go" Cory says as he places his hand on his daughter's shoulder.

"Okay" she sighs, breaking away from Lucas and turning to give me one last smile.

"Thunder?" she asks, holding up her right hand.

"Lightning" I reply with a smile, interlocking our hands before we're forced apart.

I watch her walk away, taking my heart with her. "I love you" I whisper, finally letting tears spill from my eyes.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I miss every one of my Facetime slots for the first three weeks she's gone. It's not that I don't miss her, it's just that it hurts too much to see her.

I'm lying in bed watching a rerun of Red Planet Diaries when I hear a knock on my window. I moan in annoyance while climbing out of my window and padding over to my window.

I swear I'm hallucinating when I see the beautiful brunette on the other side, her hair tangled from the wind and her brown eyes clouded over with hurt. 

I pull open my window and she wordlessly climbs in, staring up at me.

"What are you-."

"Why haven't you talked to me?" she exclaims, tears starting to run down her face. "You can't just cut me out of your life. We're supposed to be best friends. I know you're upset" she rambles and I don't know how to stop her so I do the first thing that I think of.

I close the distance between us and crash my lips onto hers. I panic and quickly pull away. "Riley" I try but she shakes her head.

"Why would you do that?"

"I'm sorry I just."

"Is that why you've been ignoring me?'

"Riley I am so sorry."

"You should be" she snaps, "I can't believe I came here, I wanted to talk this out but."

"Riley" I try but she shakes her head and the tears start again.

"I have to go."

"Riley" I shout, "RILEY."

"Maya" I hear and suddenly my eyes pop open and my tear-filled eyes are met with Riley's brown orbs, staring down at me worriedly. "Sweetie what happened?" she asks softly, caressing my cheek.

That's when I realize it was all a nightmare. Riley moving away. Riley choosing Lucas over me. Her leaving me after I confessed my feelings.

Instead she was here, in our small, studio apartment that we shared. My girlfriend, my everything. She never moved, never once has she left my side.

"I had a nightmare" I confess making her face soften as she leans down to leave a soft kiss on my lips.

"It's okay, you're okay."

"You didn't love me." Her eyes widen in shock, her head shaking vigorously as she stares down at me.

"Peaches you know that would never happen" she says softly. "I'm here, we're forever."

"I love you so much Riles" I say happily as I bring my hand up to rest over hers.

"I love you too Maya" she replies sweetly before bringing her lips back to mine and when I finally drift back off to sleep I have nothing but sweet dreams.