Roman Reigns #24

"Can I be honest with you?" Roman nodded, staring at me across the dinner table. "Promise you won't be mad."

"It depends what you're going to say." His voice sounded serious, almost intimidating. "I can't promise anything."

I let out a groan, "now I don't know if I want to tell you."

"Baby." He stated. "We are in a relationship, you have to be honest with me." I nodded, inhaling a deep breath.

"Sometimes I think I'm better off without you." I could barely understand myself with how quickly I spoke, desperate to get it off my chest.

"Well I wasn't expecting you to say that." I brushed my hand through my hair to try and distract myself.

"Please don't take it the wrong way, it's just when you go away, it's hard. I miss you, and sometimes I just wish I had someone who was here more permanently."

"Are you saying you want to end things?" Without hesitation I shut Roman down, waving my hand at him.

"Of course not, I just wanted to tell you how I felt because I don't think I do that sometimes."

"Well, I'm glad you're being honest with me." He stood up from his seat and walked over to me, kneeling beside me with his arms around my waist. "I promise I'll get better at making you feel less lonely."

"Thank you," I whispered, kissing the top of his head.