Shane Thorne #19

"Happy anniversary!" I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, looking across at Shane at the foot of the bed.

"Oh, happy anniversary." His eyebrows furrowed as he walked towards me.

On my lap he placed a bag, with a teddy poking from the top.

"This is cute." I ripped the tape to see bars of my favourite chocolate at the bottom.

"There's some other stuff downstairs." I nodded, moving along the bed slightly so Shane could sit beside me. "Where's my presents?"

"I-I'm picking them up later." Truth was, there were no presents, there wasn't even an idea that it was our anniversary.

"That's very unorganised of you, you normally have things days in advance, nothing troubling you is it?" I let out a sigh, scratching the top of my head.

"Please don't be mad, but I forgot." He stared forward, inhaling a few deep breaths. "I'm sorry."

"Wow." He whispered.

"Shane, I'll make it up to you I promise." He nodded.

"Why can't you love me as much as I love you, our first anniversary is such a big deal." I nodded, placing the bag down in guilt.

"Let me make it up to you tonight." I ran my hand along his arm in the hope it would make him feel a bit better.

"You've got one chance," he said before sliding off the bed.