Chapter 26- Comforting Friends

CAMERON'S POV

I look down at my phone and see she's texting back. I read the words, "I guess we are"... Over.... How can you say your done with someone you're apparently so in love with?

BRITTANY'S POV

I continue to cry sitting on the curb at the corner of the street with my head in my hands. I feel out of no where a soft hand on my back. I look up and see Carter staring down at me with sympathy. He startles me at first but as I come to, I look back down and don't say a word. I feel like I can't do anything but to continue to cry. He sits down next to me and wraps his arm around me. He was such a good friend. I really needed that right now.

"Cam?" He says gently trying not to make me cry harder.

I say nothing just begin to cry noticeably harder. He probably gets the idea.

"Come on, let's get you to our place." He hugs me then helps me stand up and opens his door to his mustang convertible for me. He shuts it when I'm in then gets to his side and drives off, not saying a word the whole way there. All he does is look at me once in a while hoping I'm still doing 'okay', and holds my hand. (In a friendly way)

We finally get to his and Matt's apartment complex up on the hills of LA. When we get in, he shows me my room.

"So here it is. A queen bed, your own bathroom, dresser, closet, TV, and couch. Anything else you need just ask." He says with a smile and goes to shut the door behind him as he walks out.

I stop the door and open it all the way again. He looks at me startled until I hug him. As I hug him, my crying slows down.

I say into his shoulder, still in the hug. "I think I ran out of tears." I giggle trying to show he cheered me up just a little. He laughs with me. I pause and release the hug. "Thank you.... For everything."

"You're welcome. And I'll make sure Matt doesn't bother you." He winks causing me to smile.

He shuts the door and we say goodnight to each other.

I sit down on the bed and go through my duffel bag of belongings.

"Shit!" I say to myself under my breath. I forgot to get the rest of the clothes Cam bought me. They're still at the hotel! Damn it! That means I have to see him again. This sucks because the more I see him, the more I'll want him back.

I clear my mind and grab the only night shirt and underwear I do have and head into the small private bathroom and take a shower.

SHAWN'S POV

I've been wanting to say this, but I just couldn't. I want to take Selena and I's relationship to the next level finally. I respect her, and by the sounds of it, I know she knows that.

She's been gone now for 4 hours with Brittany at the club. I've been waiting here, at my new apartment for her to get back so I can surprise her. Everytime I have texted her within the hours, she doesn't respond. I decide to text Brittany.

"Hey, are you and Sel going to be heading back soon?"

She doesn't respond either. Now I begin to slightly panic. I have lit candles all around the room, I even put rose petals on my bed. I want this to be special for her first time and mine. 5 minutes of anticipation goes by and Brittany finally answers.

"What do you mean? I'm not with her. I thought she was with you...?"

My face goes to blank look and I begin to wonder.

-------------------------------

Sorry for a short chapter /: