Chapter 24- A Homeless Heart

BRITTANY'S POV

The final bell rings and I wait outside of Selena's class waiting for her to come out. I jump as two arms hug me from behind. Hoping it's not Cameron, I turn around and see Chad. I instantly smile involuntarily.

"Hey, so what's your answer?" He says nervously but still keeping that dorky cuteness to him.

"Oh, okay. Um, so I'm with a guy right now but we're in an argument. So stick around because I'm probably going to end things with him. So it's no definite answer." I say hesitantly and put my number in his pocket. "Text me"

He smiles and walks away celebrating down the hallway. It was so cute. I turn my attention back to waiting for Selena when I see her standing there with her arms crossed smirking.

"Well hello miss. Cheater!" She says sarcastically.

"I'm not cheating, I'm seeing my options." I giggle

"Yeah, whatever. Shawn's waiting for us outside." She motions to the door looking down at her phone, reading the text.

I follow her outside and see Shawn sitting in his car but almost every girl in the school is screaming and attacking his truck. Selena looks at me stunned. I follow her, grabbing her hand so we don't get lost in the crowd. As we push through, we finally make our way to the door of the car and I manage to slip in the back seat, while Selena struggles to get in and close her door as girls try to climb up into the truck. She slams the door almost shutting some girls's fingers and hands in the door. Shawn locks the door and slowly starts to drive getting girls to move out of the way, so he can go. They would hardly budge.

"What are we going to do?!" I scream with anxiety and drama.

Me? Dramatic, oh hell yeah. Can't help it.

"Well first, you can calm down, then... I don't know. I usually have Cameron do this thing. He's always good getting our fans out of the way." Shawn says forgetting himself again, by saying Cam's name.

Selena doesn't say a word and pulls out her phone and calls someone.

"Who are you calling?" Shawn nearly yells.

She hits him not that hard to tell him to shut up. She begins to speaking to the unknown person on the other line.

"Hello? Yeah, we're two students trying to get home and a mob of girls are surrounding our car because we have a super star in the car and they won't move.... Okay, thank you" she says and hangs up

Shawn looks at her confused. "Babe, who was that?"

"School security"

I laugh and watch as 9 old, run down security guards come out of the building along with the principal with a bullhorn. The security tries pulling girls away from the car as much as possible. None of them budge. The principal then stands up against the car and turns on his bullhorn.

"ANYONE WHO DOES NOT STEP AWAY FROM THIS CAR AND GETS OUT OF THE WAY, WILL BE SUSPENDED!" He yells frustratedly.

Most of them back away, others steps back just a couple steps. We begin to drive away and then see, all of those girls start to chase us down the street. Shawn steps on the gas and floors it. We finally lost them.

"That was crazy!" I say excitedly.

"Me and the guys always have to go through that. It's funny and cute how dedicated they are but at the same time, a little annoying."

"I can see that! I didn't even realize how many girls in our school actually cared about you guys." Selena nudged him playfully.

Shawn just laughs a little. We finally get back to Selena's house and her mom's car is in the driveway.

"Damn it! My mom's home! Shawn you can't stay any more!" Selena pouts

"It's okay, I can visit you, you can visit me once I move into my new apartment." Shawn says reassuring.

"Are you moving in with the guys Shawn?"

"No. My own apartment. I was actually thinking Selena could move in with me." He directs his attention to her.

Selena nearly screams and hugs Shawn. I smile and quickly turn that into a frown remembering once she moves, I have absolutely no where to live. My plan was to move in with Cameron, but by the looks of it, there's no way that's happening.

I grab my bookbag and follow Shawn and Selena out of the car and into the house. Once we get in, her mom greets Selena, then me with a tight hug. Selena's mom was my only true mother figure. She was always there for me and she always took care of me when my mom was out partying or hooking up with another guy.

"How've you been sweetie?!!!" Selena's mom nicely said as she smiled ear-to-ear.

"I could do better" I shrug

"Aw what's wrong?"

"My mom kicked me out and locked the door on me. So I'm basically homeless and I only have a small wardrobe now. And my boyfriend is being an ass. Pardon my French."

She looked at me as if I were an alien. She said nothing more but hugged me.

"You can stay and live here if you want sweetie."

"Sorry but I can't take advantage of you like that. It's fine. I'll figure it out." I lie

"And if you don't?"

Damn it.

"Then I guess I'll consider living with you?" I say awkwardly hoping that's the answer she was looking for.

She smiled and turned her attention to Shawn and "interviewed" him, since it was her first time meeting him. Meanwhile, Selena and I sit on the front door step in silence and watch as cars go by once and a while.

"So what are you gonna do? I'm worried for you, Brittany."

"I know. I might just have to do what I didn't want to do."

"Which is?"

"Ask Matt if I can stay with him and Carter in their apartment. Then I guess I'll be moving again when they move to the big loft they'll all share." I say panicked not knowing what other options there are.

"But Matt loves you... And you love his...?" She hints

I roll my eyes at her suggestion. "I know, Sel but what else am I gonna do? I'm going to head over now."

"Be safe." She says as she stands up and hugs me.

Selena goes back inside and I walk down to the curb and wait for Carter to pull up. Matt was apparently out drinking with Nash and Taylor. 5 minutes later, a car pulls up to the curb and rolls down the window making me more nervous by the second. I see the man in the car and start running down the street.

-------------------------------

Ooooo! Who do you think it is?! 😋