Chapter 99

-Esme-

As the days went by, Aiyana was becoming more...frightened.

She practically refuses to go places in the house alone. She was always holding someone's hand.

She doesn't even change her clothes when she's alone, use the bathroom or takes showers when she's alone. She always wants one of us to be there with her.

It was kind of strange, she was always looking over her shoulder everywhere she goes.

She always made either me, Carlisle or Marcus sleep in bed with her at night or she won't sleep.

At all

It was breaking our hearts seeing her so scared and we couldn't see what she was scared of.

----------------

I was laying beside her in her bed.

I hummed a soft melody as I slowly lulled her to sleep. She was fighting it.

"M-Mommy" She stammered out.

"Yes my love" I cooed softly, gently running my hair through her soft brown curls.

"I love you" She said nuzzling my chest. I smiled down at her.

"I love you too sweetheart" I said then placed a kiss on her head.

"Now get some sleep" I said with a smile and she gave me an adorable smile and snuggled further into my chest with her Panda clutched to her chest.

I laid my head on hers as she finally drifted off to sleep.

----------------
-Carlisle-

I sighed as I opened the door to my house. It was only 7am, my family should still be hunting. I went up to my Princess's bedroom and opened the door.

I smiled sadly seeing Esme holding Aiyana to her chest, her eyes weren't the beautiful amber but black as can be. Like mine.

Esme and I haven't been able to go hunting, since our Little one doesn't want to be alone and we damn sure weren't going to leave her.

Marcus didn't want to leave her either but his eyes were as black as ours and the blood bags weren't enough. So we persuaded him to go hunt in the next two towns over.

I sat on edge of the bed. "Has she gotten better?" I asked.

"She still has headaches, but everything else is better" Esme said.

"Ah" I muttered.

"Did you have the chance to go hunting today?" I asked.

She shook her head, "You know I'm not going to leave her if she's this scared" She sighed.

"Did she talk to you about anything?" I asked moving a sting of hair from her face.

She shook her head.

"She was too scared to even say more than four words" Esme sighed.