Chapter 98

-Marcus-

It was 4 in the morning and all the humans were sleep. All of the Cullens had went hunting.

Carlisle had offered me blood bags, so I reluctantly took some. I liked my blood fresh but I had a feeling to stay here with Aiyana tonight.

I didn't know why I had that feeling until it was 5 o'clock in the morning, when her breathing patterns changed.

I made my way up to her room concernned.

I opened her door and frowned seeing her, gently tossing and turning in bed. I place my hand on her forehead, she was almost too hot to touch.

My dear girl was sick. I sighed before placing her on my lap.

"Little One wake up for me"  I said softly, gently patting her cheek. She struggled to open her eyes.

'The medicine Carlisle gave hasn't wore off yet' I thought.

Suddenly she gagged and I sped to the bathroom just in time to have her vomit in the toilet

I sighed, "You're sick again, could be the flu".

She whimpered in defeat as she slugged over the toilet bowl.

————————————————-

After getting her to take a bath, because she was sweating terribly. I dressed her in something light so she wouldn't sweat as much.

She was barely awake during all of this

She was barely awake during all of this. Cuddling my arm, snoozing away.

I placed her on my arm, she wrapped her arms loosely around my neck as she sat on my arm. I rubbed her back softly with my other hand.

I went up to Carlisle's hospital area and sat her on the metal table. Then began looking for a thermometer.

I heard soft thunk then turned around. I saw Aiyana had fell to the side and was asleep on the table.

I chuckled.

————————————————

Her temperature was 105.2

She didn't have the appetite to eat or drink, she just wanted to sleep.

"Muffin" She said weakly. I looked down only to see her tired blue eyes staring up at me.

"I wanna sleep on the balcony, I'm too hot" She said.

Indeed she was, she was starting to sweat.

"Alright, Little One" I said. I grabbed a thin blanket and a book. I went to her balcony and sat on the cushioned deck chair.

I placed her across my lap with her head on my shoulder. She was already asleep.

I shook my head and wrapped the blanket around her, then opened my book.

————————————————
-Carlisle-

I chuckled at the playful banter that was going on behind me.

I wrapped my arm around Esme's waist as we all walked back to the house.

"Emmett why did you think throwing a bear at me was a good idea?" Jasper snarled at his brute of a brother.

"Because I love you beary much" He grinned.

"Emmett...please go to hell" Jasper blankly.

I chuckled. We exited the woods and I noticed something on Aiyana's balcony.

"Is that....Marcus with Aiyana on his lap?" Nessie pointed out.

Esme snapped her head to the balcony.

"Outside in the cold?!?!" Esme screeched in horror before racing into the house.

"Mama mode activated" Emmett chuckled.

__________________________________

"She's literally steaming" Marcus noted seeing the light steam coming off Aiyana's heated body.

We had placed her in bed but left the balcony door open, to let the cold breeze in.

"I knew she would get sicker than a small cold" Esme sighed kissing her forehead while laying beside her.

"Did she do anything else" I asked.

"She vomited once, that's it" Marcus informed me.

"Did she eat or drink anything afterwards?" Esme asked concerned that she was probably sleeping on an empty stomach.

"She didn't want anything, she was barely awake. I guess the medicine you gave her was still in effect" Marcus said.

I sighed she probably wasn't going to wake up until 3-4 hours.

————————————————

We waited patiently for her to wake up.

Soon as the sun began to rise, she stirred.

We watched as she opened her eyes. She looked at each and everyone of us before looking at the corner of her room with her eyes narrowed tiredly.

"Who are they?" She asked in a daze.

We looked at the corner,seeing no one there.

"Princess no one is there" I said.

She gave us the weirdest look.

"Yes there is. Two men with blonde hair and blue eyes, one of them looks older than the other" She said with narrowed eyes.

"Does the medicine cause hallucinations?" Marcus asked.

"Yes" I lied. The only side affect from the medicine with drowsiness.

If Aiyana saw Didyme in the Volturi castle, then she was definitely seeing those two men in the corner.