Chapter 23

-Few days later-
-Esme-

I looked upstairs in worry, waiting for the sound of her breathing changing or the bed rustling.

"She never sleeps in this long" I said to my husband. Suddenly her breathing changed. We ran upstairs. As I entered her room, I could see the sweat on her skin as she struggled to breathe.

Carlisle immediately went into doctor mode. "Wake Up sweetheart" He said shaking her lightly. She weakly opened her eyes.

-Aiyana-

I saw Mommy and Daddy standing over me with worried faces. I looked at them with half closed eyes. Everything hurts.

"H-Hurts" I whimpered out before coughing up my lungs. "What hurts Princess" Daddy asked sternly gently holding me as Mommy patted my back. "C-Chest" I wheezed out.

Daddy picked me up in his arms and placed a blanket over me as I shivered. "Let's go to the hospital" He said patting my back. I laid my head on Daddy's shoulder.

We went downstairs. "Where are you guys going?" Ren asked. "We're taking Aiyana to the hospital" Daddy replied as Mommy patted my back gently.  They nodded as we walked out the door. I waved to them weakly.

"Hope you get better Munchkin" I heard Teddy say as I fell asleep on Daddy's shoulder.

-Three hours later-
-Carlisle-

Turned out Aiyana had viral pneumonia and her symptoms were horrible. Her fever was up to 105.

I was extremely worried and so was Esme, she wouldn't leave her side for anything.

She threw up a couple of times before passing out. They gave an sodium chloride IV for her deydration, since she can't keep anything down and her lost appetite.

I was looking at her files as Esme laid in bed with our baby stoking her flushed cheek. I heard whimpering and looked towards the bed. I saw Aiyana waking up.

I walked toward her side. "Should we get her to eat something" Esme said worriedly. "Her stomach can only take something light" I said.

"I'll be back" I said and kissed their heads and left to the cafeteria.

-Aiyana-

I opened my eyes to see a blinding light. I immediately closed my eyes afterwards. "Oh honey I'm sorry" I heard Mommy say and a flick. I opened my eyes to see Mommy sitting beside me.

"Sweet do you want to try and eat something" Mommy asked. I nodded. I was really hungry.

She helped me sit up. I leaned into her side. Daddy came in a few minutes later.

He had a bowl of something and a plastic spoon.

"Hey Princess" Daddy said and kissed my forehead. "Let's see if she can eat all of it" He said with a slight smile and sat next to us.

I saw the bowl of applesauce. He put some in the spoon. "Open wide Princess" He said. I slowly opened my mouth. He fed me the applesauce and I hummed happily.

They smiled at me. "There you go" Daddy praised and fed me more. After I was finished,I laid with Mommy. Daddy suddenly looked at me and went to get something.

He come in with a machine and a few nurses. "Her heart rate is low" Daddy said. Mommy hopped off the bed with me and the nurses placed these stickers on my chest, Daddy hooked me up to the machine and I saw lines going up and down, it was kinda of mesmerizing.

The nurses wrote down something on a chart and wrote it down on the white board. Mommy laid in bed with me while Daddy sat beside my bed holding my hand.

-Four days later-
-Carlisle-

I waked back into the Hospital after hunting. Aiyana wasn't getting better. She couldn't move without whimpering from her aching bones and muscles. Her fever kept coming and going.

I waked into her room and saw my two girls. Esme had her Iphone. Aiyana had small bags under her eyes, she was pale but she managed to put that pretty smile on her face.

I sat beside them only to see that they were face timing the kids. They were making funny faces and telling her all about whats been going on at the house.

I could see Britney glaring at her. Renesmee pushed Britney's face from infront of the camera with a smile. Aiyana giggled at the action.

"We hope you get better soon darling" Jasper said. Aiyana gave small but genuine smile.

"I will" She said softly. We smiled down at her. Then the call ended. She then heaved. I quickly grabbed the paper bowl and held to her face. She vomited all of her stomach contents. Esme pulled her hair back while I held the bowl and patted her back.

She laid back down out of breath. I threw away the bowl as Esme wiped her mouth.

-Next Morning-
-Aiyana-

Mommy was giving me a bath after I woke up. I laid my head on the side of the tub as she rubbed the soapy rag over my skin. She was careful with my IV.

She rinsed me off and put me in a fluffy towel. I leaned into her as she dried me off and dressed me in some pajamas.

She put me in bed with Mr. Panda. She turned on the tv and laid in bed with me.

I watched some late night cartoons before daddy came in with his doctor attire on. I smiled weakly at him. He took off his coat then He gave Mommy a bottle of ginger ale and he had a small bottle of something. "This will help relieve her aching bones and muscles" He said giving me a smile and inserted it into my IV. He wrote something down on my chart and kissed my head.

He looked at Mommy with a frown. "Esme, love you should go hunt" Daddy said concerned. He helped me sip the ginger ale with the straw. Mommy sighed and held me closer.

"I don't want to leave her Carlisle" Mommy said. Daddy sighed. "I know the feeling Love" Daddy said. I started to fall asleep on his arm. He kissed my head.

"I'm on break Esme, go hunt, I'll be here" Daddy said. She looked at us conflicted and nodded. She kissed my head and kissed daddy.

"I'll be back as soon as possible" She said and left the room. I looked up at Daddy, who was smiling down at me. "Go to sleep Princess" Daddy said playing with my hair. I smiled and snuggled into his arm. I soon fell asleep.

-20 mintues later-
-Esme-

I came back to the hospital after hunting and changing. I went to Aiyana's room on the fourth floor. I opened the door to see Carlisle and Aiyana together. Carlisle had his eyes closed as he sat in the chair beside the bed, a sleeping Aiyana was loosely cuddling his arm, clinging onto it like a koala bear. I stood in the doorway ,smiling at the sight .